Sign in to follow this  
BRONCO14

got new one

BRONCO14

ok here is what developed from that deal- have u guys ever really found one model that has really spoke to you and just really wanted- for me some reason its this one, im ashamed to say i went to $200, but i buttered him up with this one cause he has 5 more to sell, i have a 92 chevy pickup ready for scrap i might trade for a dirt plow and tire chains and a attachment for the 702 plus a little allis chalmers i'll make a dragster out of, right now in my area its 120 a ton for scrap in vehicles- opinons?

Attached Image

post-3-1231559361.jpg

stevebo

are you near gloversville?? is there a local lake near you? do you know david jung?? inlaws up there

BRONCO14

my closest lake in canandaguia lake, up state new york

BRONCO14

this is the allis

Attached Image

post-3-1231559552.jpg

BRONCO14

the 702 is home and cozy in the shop

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1231636964.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Sweet.

$200 sounds fine to me. I paid $200 for my 854 with no attachments and while it is a great working tractor it it nowhere close to "original" in a number of ways,

kpinnc

Hard to tell for sure from the pics Justin, but if the belt guard on your 702 is actually from a 701, you can recover quite a few dollars for it.

The 701 belt guard was for a double-belted pulley setup, because the K-161 engines on the 701 did not have compression release. A single-belt setup would slip, so the easiest fix at the time was to add a second belt... Those guards seem to be pretty popular.

I could be wrong, it just looks like the 701 guard in the "side view" pic... Now of course I can't tell if you actually have double pulleys or not. If so, you've probably got the whole 701 engine.

A regular K-161/K-181 belt guard will be fairly easy to find as a correct replacement if it is indeed only a cover from a 701...

Kevin

Brrly1

Kevin, Your slippin' you forgot the hy-2 kit on it also, or at least thats what it looks like. Them small pictures its kind of tough. Nice tractor. Good Luck Burly :hide:

bell

That IS a HY-2!!!! You did GOOD!!!!

I know a guy that, recently, paid $300 for a complete HY-2 setup... with no tractor included... :hide: :D

linen beige

I gave $250 for my 702 about three years ago. It has a working deck, a '61 dozer blade (no trip springs), and the HY-2.

Good snag!

The correct spec # for the 702 K-161s is 28626E.

kpinnc

Kevin, Your slippin' you forgot the hy-2 kit on it also, or at least thats what it looks like.

Not at all John. I just wasn't surprised by it. I've not seen many 702s without the HY-2 setup.

I have however, since my first post, found single-belt pulley guard pictures like Justin's that are NOT 701 engines. My apologies for any confusion.

I agree, this was a nice tractor to find.

Kevin

BRONCO14

thanks alot guys, how did you all get to know so much about these beautiful little machines? and a while ago i mentioned i gotta hold the shifter over for 3rd gear to go, one gentalman mentioned the spring thingy, and advise how to approch it?

BRONCO14

got pic of the belt guard and hydrolic hitch in impliments and attachmen page,