857 horse

Snow ready....new wheel weight set up for me...

Sparky

I would never have thought the WH weights would fit the inside. Are those not actuall WH rims with the usual offset?

Mike....

• Like 3

857 horse

Mike....they are 8 inch wide rims,,,,,,and thanks for reminding my foggy head.....there are 2 inch spacers hiding in behind the rims...

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 6

Ed Kennell

Looks like you're ready Howard.    You might want to cut those bolts off before you scuff up your purdy shins.  :no:

• Like 4

cschannuth

Where are your valve stems?  If they are on the inside do the 2" spacers provide the clearance they need?

• Like 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, 857 horse said:

Remember MASH POLE TIME IS Approaching

:text-coolphotos:      My New and Improved MASH Pole sign is ready!     

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

scuff up your purdy shins.

Ed, are you admiring other men's legs?        :ychain:       You worry me some times!

• Like 3

857 horse

the first pic is the finished product,,,,,,AFTER i bolted everything together ,i realized i needed to turn the bolts around,,,then i cut off the extra...

and the valve stems can be reached thru a cut out in the red weights....you can just make out the acess at the bottom of the weight!!

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

Howard Nice and beefy set up. That should move some what ever. Enjoy. Did you have help with the extra weight to put on the tires?

• Like 2

TDF5G
18 hours ago, Sparky said:

I would never have thought the WH weights would fit the inside. Are those not actuall WH rims with the usual offset?

Mike....

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

elliot ness

Nice setup with the inside wts. Should do great for you tis winter.:text-bravo:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Posted on wrong thread.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
Made mistake posting here
  • Like 3

857 horse

Just saw 2 questions.....here goes.......

question 1                               did I have help stacking all the weight.??   No....i used those 12" long bolts with the square end to lock in the weight...laid one weight on the ground...stacked on a wheel.....added the next weight....the bolts are so long everything just lays on the driveway until I tighten the nuts onto the bolts  after that..i jjust cut off the ankle biters..and leaned them onto the hub adapters..

..question 2                          ....why the 2" spacers ?...the wheels are an inch wider than stock...and without the spacers the snow chains used to hit the snow blade frame..i think now.....1 inch spacers could have worked...even with the inner weights,,,,i fits pretty good....

On a side bar......i did get a text on my phone....from old Red Rider.....if i get a flat.....dont call him.....use triple AAA....lolololol

I have a new cutting edge....going on Saturday.....and Im gonna give the #40 chain on the front tires a try...class's welcome,,,and your input is always obliged,,,,,

953 Nut says he has somthing new for the Mash Pole......as Many recall,,AMC Rulz used a Solar Powered Beacon last year.....

:banana-angel::banana-angel::banana-tux::banana-tux::banana-rock::banana-rock:.....

• Like 5

Wishin4a416

Looks good. You are ready!!!

• Like 3

ACman

Everyone's ready but me  :(...I have the front tires and new key switch . New rear tires should be here Friday. Now to get someone to help me get it all together.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

squonk
1 hour ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Introducing ,, The Holland Horse ,,  my first year with the 2 stage , and HOORAY ,,A CAB ,,bout time. I also ordered lights for the cab. Now I have to put the rear weights on, and chains last when snow is arriving. Heres some pics, just finished the cab today.  With all the black, sure looks differant.

Glenn

20161128_161807.jpg

20161128_161718.jpg

20161128_161737.jpg

20161128_161642.jpg

20161128_161752.jpg

20161128_150205.jpg

It'snot going to snow now Glenn! What did you figure out with the lift?

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

Glenn, IMHO the black cab and blower actually compliments the red :wh: on the xi with side panels around the engine it's just a lil too much red vs the classics (520H) broken up with the black engine and hood/grill paint, I had my blade painted cheap spray bombs black before it faded back to red/pink/rust lol, BTW if we get some cold blustery wet white stuff you'll ask yourself why you didn't have a cab sooner running a blower,Jeff.

• Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor
2 hours ago, ACman said:

Everyone's ready but me  :(...I have the front tires and new key switch . New rear tires should be here Friday. Now to get someone to help me get it all together.

Don't feel bad you're not alone...I am no where near ready for winter...still haven't got an engine on my tractor yet...we don't get much snow here but they were calling for 12-14" in the near future, but I think they have dropped that down to 1-2" now

• Like 5

ACman
25 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

Don't feel bad you're not alone...I am no where near ready for winter...still haven't got an engine on my tractor yet...we don't get much snow here but they were calling for 12-14" in the near future, but I think they have dropped that down to 1-2" now

I'd be gutting that Deere and doing a heart transplant :)

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

I thought about it lol...even if it is Green & Yellow it's still too nice of a tractor to dismantle...I'm gathering parts to build a new engine for the 1277 though, my blade fits my 701 need an engine for it too, thinking about a Predator swap on it since having a hard time finding a Kohler for it

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM, 857 horse said:

Well..Ed Kennell and West Virginia Hillbilly......I wanna thank you both for the insightfull wheel weight class,,,,,,

today i mounted my plow and did the dual weight thing......Wheel Horse weights on the inside,,and my Bolens weights out side....11 inch bolts hold both sets on.//

I use zip ties to keep the rear attachment clamps shut....and the same with the front one....or my plow hits it and dont stay up......all greased and air is adjusted,,,

.Locking nuts were used,,,,,i zipped of the 1 1/2 of the 12" bolts i used...

snow plow ready 005.JPG

snow plow ready 007.JPG

snow plow ready 006.JPG

snow plow ready 003.JPG

Howard, I just realized I owe you an apology for putting my stuff on your thread. When I finished the tractor this afternoon and took the pictures, I kicked back in the garage and saw "SNOW READY" I thought it was where all the guys were posting thier snow ready stuff.

I deleted my original post, but can't get rid of the others that quoted me. Maybe a mod can delete them.

Sorry didn't mean to stomp on your thread.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 6

TDF5G
15 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Me either!  I still have leaves to blow and mow.  Leaves are still on the trees at my place.  I always wait until the big maple has finished shedding before tackling the leaves.  

• Like 2

Uncle Buck
2 hours ago, TDF5G said:

Me either!  I still have leaves to blow and mow.  Leaves are still on the trees at my place.  I always wait until the big maple has finished shedding before tackling the leaves.  

Nothing but sweet gum trees on my place, they will not finish dumping their leaves until some time in Feb or later! Sadly, I have done nothing to make a few repairs to my snow pushing rig. I can get it running with virtually no problem and the blade, weights and chains I just leave on it but all of the repairs I swore I would have done before winter set in here are not done so I guess the old girl will just be pressed into service as is if or when I need to!

• Like 1

TDF5G
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I have done nothing to make a few repairs to my snow pushing rig. I can get it running with virtually no problem and the blade, weights and chains I just leave on it but all of the repairs I swore I would have done before winter set in here are not done so I guess the old girl will just be pressed into service as is if or when I need to!

:text-yeahthat: Yep, I've got a few things I was wanting to do to the B-100 before winter also.  Like you, I'll just have to work it as is.

Ed Kennell

I just returned from the WiFi free big woods Howard, so I missed much of the banter on your post.  Sorry I missed the cut off bolts on your first pic.:unsure:

Richard @953 nut, I don't really know( or care) if Howard has purdy shins, but I always assume the best. :)

And Jeff @WV Hillbilly, You got it right.....once you blo sno with a cab, always a cab owner.;)

• Like 3