FatJackDurham

GT-14 Rectifier connector

FatJackDurham

The wires coming out of my rectifier connector, the plastic bit that connects to the rectifier, are all chewed up. Is it possible to replace this connector?

Should I just crimp connectors to the wires and individually attach them to the rectifier?

Can the metal connectors inside the connector be replaced?

gwest_ca

This is an old thread on the 101476 plastic body that works for the 15 amp regulator terminals that are 3 in a row. Some 10 amp use a connector that have 2 - one above the other with the 3rd terminal off to the side. Unfortunately Toro no longer carries the straight body and so far I can't find a picture of it to verify that is the one you need. It has to to available somewhere because it is part of the Packard 56-series of wiring terminals that are still available.

You can use a 3/32" x 1-1/2" cotter pin opened up to release the terminal from the body. Look at the end of the terminal where the flat spade terminal enters it. Insert the cotter pin on the back side of that metal terminal and push it in while holding the wire into the body. The cotter pin will collapse a tang that's holding the terminal in the body. Now pull on the wire and out it comes. You can use a knife to bend the tang back into position for reuse.

Garry

Adding - I got the 2 descriptions backwards

10amp and 15amp regulators.jpg

• Like 2

FatJackDurham

Okay, thanks. Good to know. Also, it's good to know that I have the 10 amp system.

• Like 1

FatJackDurham
4 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Adding - I got the 2 descriptions backwards

10amp and 15amp regulators.jpg

Actually, You may have been right. The service manual shows a 15 Amp rectifier with flat three connections, not stacked.

FatJackDurham

What is the probable gauge of the wire? 14?

953 nut

I would think 12 gauge or 14 would be right for the DC wires, probably 16 going to the engine.