Razkid

What are they?

Razkid

I know the wheel weight but what are the other brackets for and does the upper left piece belong with the 520H tractor?

Bracketsa.jpg

wallfish

2 upper right are for a 2 stage blower

@WHX9 is looking for those exact pieces

• Like 6

Pollack Pete

Upper right part mounts on the tractor frame for a 2 stage snowblower.Upper middle is for the drive belt on 2 stage.Other parts??????? Big mystery.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The screen looks like one MacKissic uses in their chipper/shreader. The tab or handle welded on should make it easier to locate the upper end into position. Never seen that before but looks like a good idea.

Garry

• Like 3

oldredrider

The lower left part is a clevis hitch for a Brinly turn plow.

• Like 2

Razkid

There is a chipper/shreader there so I'll see if it fits that Garry. Thanks. Thanks also to John and Pete!. It looks like those brackets weren't put on the snow blower for some reason. If you look at my post "520H Info Needed" there is a picture of the right side of the tractor that shows the snow blower minus the brackets. I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I can get them bolted on. Thank you Paul. There is a plow with this tractor so I'll bolt the clevis hitch to it. I have one more "what is it" but I can't post anymore photos.

Edited by Razkid

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Center bottom looks like a front wheel weight.

Glenn

WVHillbilly520H

The second one(the frame mounted belt guard/sway bar support) is upside down as pictured, it bolts to the frame and next to the PTO bell then the third one (sway bar)bolts/pins to the second one with the silver round part riding against the blower frame where the pulleys are,Jeff.

post-11822-0-63300900-1416158778_thumb.jpg

Screenshot_2015-10-20-21-14-24.png

Screenshot_2015-10-20-21-14-07.png

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

I want to add a couple things on your snow blower drive belt there seems to be a pulley missing vs my 2stage pic and that Brinly plow bracket is missing off the mold board plow (look directly above the hood and blower discharge chute pic without cab cover)and something is "bolted" to the clevis hitch (behind the cab frame) in your pics,Jeff.

IMAG2507.jpg

58250a068aab9_DSCN10681.JPG.965eca5bcd34ca8e6b002961e9af9552.jpeg

5825093aed520_DSCN10591.JPG.9f7cbca44b7f222de2ae779c2d800df9-1.jpeg

00G0G_kT7M3IPCsGz_600x450.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4

Razkid

Thanks Jeff for the in depth photos of the snow blower installation. It appears the idler pulley on mine is mounted quite a bit lower then yours. I'll have to ask my wife's uncle if he remembers why he changed the belt arrangement. Maybe the upper right idler pulley seized so he took it off. Doing it that way you can save money being able to buy a shorter belt!

Is the clevis hitch in back of the seat back in the tractor photo above your Brinly plow photo? The holes in the black part of that line up with the holes in the plow attachment point so I thought it went to that. Paul (oldredrider) and your Brinly photo prove I was wrong with that assumption.

One more question is, does anyone know what the red thing is standing up to the right of the plow in the photo above the Brinly plow photo above? At the top of it (hard to see) is an eye bolt welded to it.

Edited by Razkid

WVHillbilly520H

Razkid, sorry can't help you on the last question looks to be home built maybe a weight bracket of some sorts idk, but if you look at your lower hood you'll notice the snow blower PTO belt has been rubbing the paint, couple of reasons 1) the belt is on the wrong groove of the PTO inner should be outer 2)missing idler pulley/rerouting 3) without that sway bar the blower "wobbles" side to side more than with it while using it, now he could have been having a belt alignment issue as well as a seized up idler pulley why it was removed the but the factory belt is 5/8"x64.5" which I got for $22 online last year but a 64" belt from TSC would work in the orginal routing, also the idler that still is on there has a long spring attached to the lower frame and being that low is really stretching it in that position (just trying to help you out here nothing else) (also using a wrench on the bolt in that pulley is how you relieve tension to install the belt),now on to the clevis hitch looks like he just bolted up the black part to the hitch then bolted the plow ect to that instead of pinning it through the tube welded inside the hitch then snuggling it with the draw bolts or what else he used the hitch for ( I know from my own experience craftsman/brinley ect had different dimensions for the clevises on their attachments) maybe he figured out a simpler way for himself, hope you also got the front mount dethatcher, aerator , garden disc ,and yard cart along with the deck/vac bagger, snow blower and brinly plow,....Good luck with your "new" 520 I have 3 ,very good tractors...Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

Razkid

Again, thanks Jeff for all of the information you have provided to me about the 520H! The belt was out of alignment until I moved it to the outer groove, per your info. Moving the belt to the outer groove raised up the idler pulley slightly. He added a second S hook to the spring so it wasn't stretched as far as you thought, although more then it should be! The picture is deceiving because the belt hasn't rubbed against the paint. It is just dirt, dust and wax residue. This weekend I'll install the belt guard and sway bar along with giving it a good cleaning. I did end up buying everything so now I have to find a place to put it all! Next I'll have to repair the blower housing, as the photo shows. This is my first WH but I do have a Simplicity 700 with a blade, a Cub Cadet 179 with a FEL and a Kubota BX2200 that is my workhorse. It also has a deck/vac bagger for warm weather work.

Winter setup 4.JPG

DSCN1057A.jpg 

Edited by Razkid
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It seems lots of us has to fix the the vac blower housing a hidden stone/toy/ branch ect, and good deal on getting ALL of it, glad to have been of assistance, and the BX you shouldn't need anything else for winter duties, I have a Kioti ck20 at my parents' home in WV that I'm working on a front frame mounted snow plow because of the dirt/stone 1/4 long driveway I'm afraid to use a loader mounted version for fear of my elderly father catching a frozen rock and bend a loader boom/cylinder,Jeff.

IMAG2538.jpg