Ed Kennell

Deer encounters

Wishin4a416

Nice Buck and some nice pictures Ed. Thanks! Some backstrap and potatoes and greens. Yum Yum.

• Like 3

ACman

Very nice Ed :handgestures-thumbupright: ...Love the :text-coolphotos:  ... bagged a good one !

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
45 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Some backstrap and potatoes and greens. Yum Yum.

My favorite is grilled backstrap Jack. 

A real close second though,  is a neck roast in a small roaster, filled with potatoes, onions, parsnips, and carrots.  Then covered with biscuit dough and baked till golden brown.

29 minutes ago, ACman said:

Very nice Ed :handgestures-thumbupright: ...Love the :text-coolphotos:  ... bagged a good one.

Thanks Jeff.

• Like 3

DougC

Congratulations on the Buck! 

Thanks for the pictures as well.  You showed us there is more than one way to shoot a deer.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

WHX??

Thanks for the Pics Ed & nice buck!

Been a little too warm around here for harvesting & hanging with archery so got to get them to a locker quick! . WI 9 day gun season opens the 19th  so off to deer camp for a week of fun! If you fellow deer hunters want to know what a traditional Wisconsin deer camp is like I'll get some pictures!

• Like 1

roadapples

Nice going Ed. I haven`t hunted in twenty years, but this feeder is 15 feet from my kitchen window....20150913_183949(2).jpg

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
6 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Thanks for the Pics Ed & nice buck!

Been a little too warm around here for harvesting & hanging with archery so got to get them to a locker quick! . WI 9 day gun season opens the 19th  so off to deer camp for a week of fun! If you fellow deer hunters want to know what a traditional Wisconsin deer camp is like I'll get some pictures!

It was 75F here last Monday when I took mine Jim.    Luckily I belong to a hi tech camp that has electric and an old fridge.   I arrowed him at 9AM and had him deboned and in the fridge by 1PM.     Looking forward to see your camp pics.....GOOD LUCK......:wwp:

2 hours ago, roadapples said:

Nice going Ed. I haven`t hunted in twenty years, but this feeder is 15 feet from my kitchen window....20150913_183949(2).jpg

Jay, if you keep teasing me with the pics, you may find me sleeping in your Wheel Horse barn some morning.:greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 2

ACman

Here's Walley in the beginning of July ... he lives in the U.P. at the DeerRanch ! Last year he had a drop tine .

IMG_0922.JPG

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

My buddy is heading up in he morning. Barr season. Red Run, Mix run area. He doesn't hunt them anymore. Just go's up for the fellowship.

• Like 2

WHX??

Barr season Jack?!?! Some new critter I haven't heard of? :ychain:

Back in the day when  I was in the service and stationed in CT a shipmate who got out before me invited some of us up to his homestead in PA to deer hunt. I cannot for the life of me remember where in PA but I remember sitting on his porch and watching whitetails out in a field the nite before hunt. Absolutely fantastic and a good hunt...invited back next year to "barr" hunt but sadly never worked out. :(

• Like 4

Pullstart

I've been out a few times this gun season, I lost my "spot" that I was given permission to hunt the last few years and I found out 2 hours before dark on the 14th.  (Gun season opens the 15th in MI)  I made a couple calls and landed a nice blind with a lot of deer tracks surrounding.  I've only seen squirrels and birds the last week and 200 lbs total of corn, apples, sugar beets and carrots have disappeared.  I laid down some minerals in the ground and have a lot of tracks through there too, but still haven't seen a single deer.  Warm windy days and full bright moons are helping with that I suppose.  I haven't been able to stay out past 3 pm though, so Friday after cutting wood I think I'll have time to sit until dark and hope for the best!

• Like 2

WHX??

Sounds like they went nocturnal on ya pullstart. Got a trail cam out?

We did ok but nothing to brag about... I took a spike and my wife got a 4 pointer. Not gonna eat the horns anyway...or the tag. Hear tell both gotta be boiled a long time!

• Like 3

WHX??

2nd weekend of deer camp is always best...no deer but did bag a nice original cab for the 520 from a nice guy not to far away from camp. More and pics once I get back to civilization 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I wasn't going to mount this one, but I had an old form, eyes, and ear liners ...so why not put him on the wall?

IMG_6734.JPG

• Like 2