Upper Canada

Wheel Horse dressed up for Halloween?

WHX??

You'd better go rescue that tractor Upper and gets it's costume off...the muffler alone is worth it's weight in yello!!

• Like 3

Upper Canada
6 minutes ago, WHX8 said:

You'd better go rescue that tractor Upper and gets it's costume off...the muffler alone is worth it's weight in yello!!

Oh believe me I want to. The price is right on it but the distance and my lack of spare time are holding me back. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Any members close to it that can help you get it??

Upper Canada
27 minutes ago, WHX8 said:

Any members close to it that can help you get it??

Not that I am aware of. If any member is close to it they will want it for themselves. Lol!

Edit: Too late it's gone. 

Edited by Upper Canada
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

It is possible that is yellow from the factory.  Some were painted that way for certain customers.  It doesn't look like there is any Red under that paint.  :)

Upper Canada
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

It is possible that is yellow from the factory.  Some were painted that way for certain customers.  It doesn't look like there is any Red under that paint.  :)

Zoom in on front lower area and you will see some red peeking through the yellow. 

• Like 3

953 nut
2 hours ago, Upper Canada said:

Too late it's gone.

:text-imsorry:

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:our condolences

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Wow, a real shower head muffler.

Glenn

Upper Canada
2 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Wow, a real shower head muffler.

Glenn

I am gonna guess that the shower head muffler is hard to find. Now I must go and kick myself repeatedly for not jumping all over this horse. 

Well I don't know who got this diamond in the rough but hopefully it was a RedSquare member. I had contacted the seller but it was too late. 

• Like 1

WHX??
25 minutes ago, Upper Canada said:

shower head muffler is hard to find

Impossible...they do crop up on :techie-ebay:from time to time tho..... @ 100+ USD tho :scared-eek:

Yes hopefully it was a fellow member!

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

gallery_3498_10_882581.jpg

:scared-ghostface:  :occasion-happyhalloween:  :greetings-wavingyellow:

gallery_3498_10_1173256.jpg

gallery_3498_10_1695618.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 8

stevasaurus

OK...after zooming in...but I don't see any red anywhere else.  I don't see it in the hood, or anywhere else.  Just saying.  I've seen the yellow horses and they are that color.  Who knows if they did not grab a frame.  They also seem to be suburbans.  :think:

WHX??

Ya know Dino could be on to something here ...frames were painted before building were they not?? ....... Can anyone shed some more light on tractors that left the factory other than red??

wallfish

Not to throw salt into the wound but that's a very rare early production 1960. Unfortunate about the hacked hood but the rare belt guard is still there. Certainly don't see very many of those around. Belt guard and muffler were probably worth the price.

Don't know anything about other colors but certainly possible they did them. Even more rare of a tractor if it could be determined the paint was factory.

• Like 1

WHX??
22 minutes ago, wallfish said:

very rare early production 1960.

How did you determine that John, just by the solid seat pan and the belt guard... I can't do it without seeing the throttle/choke which yah...sadly have been butched off. I would have also looked for a Clinton rather than a Kohler too but then I again I wasn't at the plant when it rolled off the line... I was only 1! Is this the same rare early 60 belt guard?

20160813_165717.jpg

20160813_165653.jpg

• Like 2

wallfish

YUP! Never owned one and only saw one at the big show.

Is that your tractor?

Upper Canada
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

OK...after zooming in...but I don't see any red anywhere else.  I don't see it in the hood, or anywhere else.  Just saying.  I've seen the yellow horses and they are that color.  Who knows if they did not grab a frame.  They also seem to be suburbans.  :think:

I see red on the seat and the engine!  :ychain:  Just kidding with you Steveasaurus.  I have personally never seen anything but red except for my 1960 Suburban.  It has original red then someone painted it jd green  :naughty: and then painted it back to red.  So I got three layers to peel off whenever I get to the resto.

2 hours ago, wallfish said:

Not to throw salt into the wound but that's a very rare early production 1960. Unfortunate about the hacked hood but the rare belt guard is still there. Certainly don't see very many of those around. Belt guard and muffler were probably worth the price.

Don't know anything about other colors but certainly possible they did them. Even more rare of a tractor if it could be determined the paint was factory.

The more I think about losing out on this one the more I want to bang my head off a wall.  Here is the kicker.....the asking price was $150 Canadian.

• Like 3

wallfish
39 minutes ago, Upper Canada said:

Here is the kicker.....the asking price was $150 Canadian

OUCH

• Like 3

WHX??
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, wallfish said:

Is that your tractor?

Yeah 'fish ..that's the free one I got from @Dennys502 in MN, was supposed to have it at the BS but a machine shop boned me on the motor work. Had a build thread on it in resto you might have seen. Was going to cherry it all up with stainless and all that garbage but man am I glad now I left as is!  One of these days I gotta get a heat shield for it and try and patina it,.... just don't look right without it

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Upper Canada said:

I want to bang my head off a wall

Here ya go Upper...... :angry-banghead:........:ychain: we know how lack of time & distance are odds against a nice score....not to throw more Morton's on the wound but that one looked to be saveable....:angry-banghead:

Edited by WHX8

stevasaurus

Marshal @Indy w h has an original yellow horse.  I've seen it.  It is a round hood.  We had a thread about the yellow horses some years ago.  :)

Here it is,

Edited by stevasaurus

WHX??
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

original yellow horse

Recall if it was a 701 Dino?? Seems in that thread most that cropped up were 701's

wallfish

I've had some of the rims with the yellow paint underneath too.