lynnmor

Hub Puller

Ed Kennell

Looks good Lyn.  That should do the job.    

BTW, a neighbor of yours @ Snyder and Burkholder has a load of WH tractors for sale.

Also, you can reduce that 520H Club Member patch down to a reasonable size by editing your signature and resizing the patch.

pacer

Yesiree, thats the way to go to get those stubborn &%# hubs off! With those aggravating things it takes a serious heavy duty puller of the type you have there.

Oh, and that one is also pretty:D

ztnoo

It would be interesting to see a pic(s) of that tool in action.

A four lug version (example: GT14 hub) would also prove interesting to see in operation.

A video would be fascinating, but based on my experience pulling decades long installed hubs, I'm not sure we have enough bandwidth available here at RS to pull that off.

Generally speaking, hub pulling isn't a 10 minute job.

lynnmor
10 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

A four lug version (example: GT14 hub) would also prove interesting to see in operation.

If this tool proves out, I might consider making them to sell.  If I had the bolt sizes and patterns plus hub center sizes (hole size in wheel) for other popular Wheel Horses, I could incorporate those into the same tool.  Hint: they would be expensive, but there is economy in quantity as I would run them on a CNC.  Should I make more, the handle will be recessed into the disk and the disk would be made of heat-treated alloy steel.

• Like 3

ztnoo

high five.gif

munch.gifmunch.gif

fingerscrossed.gif

857 horse

Lynn............i am coming in on the back of this thread......

I would be intrested in one.!!!!!     what you made.....fits mine.....and alot others....

857horse Howard in VA

fat tire fridays 011.JPG

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

@lynnmor that is a very professional looking (and useful) tool!

• Like 1

pacer

Just an added note to to tell of how I use this type puller - mine looks just like Lynns except for the handle. Instead of a handle I use my 3/4" air Impact wrench driven by 110-120psi of compressed air. The constant 'hammering' will slowly (usually!!) back the hub off simply holding it by hand.

I had a D-180 that I finally had to give up on getting the hubs off even using this method - ended up cutting them off!! (has anybody ever said how HARD!! these *%$#^ hubs can be to get off!!)

Obviously not everybody has this ability, but if you do, give it a try...

pfrederi
27 minutes ago, pacer said:

Just an added note to to tell of how I use this type puller - mine looks just like Lynns except for the handle. Instead of a handle I use my 3/4" air Impact wrench driven by 110-120psi of compressed air. The constant 'hammering' will slowly (usually!!) back the hub off simply holding it by hand.

I had a D-180 that I finally had to give up on getting the hubs off even using this method - ended up cutting them off!! (has anybody ever said how HARD!! these *%$#^ hubs can be to get off!!)

Obviously not everybody has this ability, but if you do, give it a try...

You have to pull recalcitrant D series hubs from the back the flange is too thin in relation to the length of the hub.

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

• Like 2

classicdmax

I'll buy one

Shynon

here's mine, bolt pattern for 3,4 and 5 holes

IMG_5624.JPG

• Like 3