Duramax7man7

When do you paint your Wheels?

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, Mastiffman said:

Very well then. Thank you!

Man you got some pretty extensive cracks there. I assume you have inner tubes?

You have chains on cleated... Shouldn't cleated tires do the job well enough?

Thanks.

Yes inner tubes with fluid and when the ground is frozen doesn't matter if turfs or Ags chains make the difference, back when I was a child chains were put on the farm tractors in winter and even the DOT run chains on their graders, Ags do their job best in softer terrain but I mow on a  hilly lot and I don't like changing tires out,Jeff.

Sarge

On hard-packed snow and ice - nothing bites except chains...

Sarge

Duramax7man7

Makes sense. You guys have the experience so I will take heed.

Sarge

One thing to think about - having solid traction means you can maintain a controlled and slow approach to plowing snow . If you're constantly spinning and risk getting stuck you end up using speed and momentum to ram into the stuff and risk breaking things a lot more , not to mention if you find that solid/frozen object and trip the blade .

My biggest problem was always with backing up on inclines - our parking lot here drops off and I need to keep the snow piled up past it far enough for the next snowfall - that spot is where I've gotten stuck the most . The excessive weight that I run is for that reason and along with the chains it's not a problem . I have piled snow up around 5' hit by lifting the blade as it goes into the pile and making a ramp , which can create it's own issues if the front end sinks into the pile . I really prefer the blower if there is any heavy stuff but it also loves to throw rocks 50' and more and the housing needs some serious repairs where it's worn out . A heavy blade or blower also creates problems with traction - when you lift it up it takes weight off the rear tires and such....

Sarge

Duramax7man7

Yeah that's what I was concerned with most is the lifting of the blower... Even though I'm a good 200lbs @ 5' 10" (some say I'm dense!? ha ha) I still think that using rear weight will help out.

I purchased a hitch from "The Hitch Guys" off the venders list about a week ago so I plan on using that first with an inverted hitch with a larger bolt secured through it and some cheap bar bell weights to slip over top of that and secured with a larger washer and nut. May a 100 or so pounds worth... We only have about 55' Driveway that is 2 cars wide but I also do both neighbors driveways on either side of me and if this setup works well enough I'll be hitting the corner where a street dead ends into ours. We have an undercover enforcement lab at an old 

elementary school down the street. SO our street gets plowed and that corner always gets destroyed with extra snow making it very difficult for neighbors to traverse it when needed.    

Here is the finished product for the caps.... 

IMG_20161129_5820.jpg