Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

11th Annual Wheel Horse Show June 26-27, 2009

BPjunk

The 11th Annual Wheel Horse Show will be held on June 26 and 27, 2009 at the South Mountian Fairgrounds in Arendtsville, PA (Near Gettysburg) :horseplay:

The Annual Wheel Horse Show is not only the biggest single make garden tractor show it is the LARGEST GARDEN TRACTOR SHOW ON EARTH !!! At the 2008 Wheel Horse Show 800 Wheel Horse garden tractors attended. :omg::hide::hide:

The featured Wheel Horse tractor model for the 2009 show will be the GT-14 because 2009 will be the 40th anniversary of this huge 14hp Wheel Horse. :omg:

At the Annual Wheel Horse shw you will see the finest restored Wheel Horse tractors along with creations of what people needed to build from their Wheel Horses. A Wheel Horse tractor can be in any condiditon to display at the Wheel Horse show, working Wheel Horse are very much admired too. I am giving a tech session on steering componates on Wheel Horses and then we will have a round table discussion for any one who is experiencing a problem with their Wheel Horse. The parade at the Wheel Horse show is amazing, be prepard as the parade lasts for over 2 hours. Buying and selling of Wheel Horses, part and memorabilia goes on from 6:00am till late at night. There is no charge for selling Wheel Horses or parts at the show. The Friday Night Cruise Night, you have not experienced SILLY FUN till you have joined in on this! We have Wheel Horse Show "T" shirts and hats for sale and exhibitors will recive a dash plaque. There is camping at the South Mountian Fairgrounds with a small charge of $20.00 for any size spot and there will be some spots with electricity availible. We have tractor games to keep kids of all ages occupied with pleanty of laughs. Hot food is availble from 6:00am till 6:00pm from a local church group, it is good eating!

The Annual Wheel Horse show brings in people from all walks of life from all over North America. Reps from Toro/Wheel Horse attend and we always have special guests. Folks from Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine will be displaying a booth for subscriptions and looking for Wheel Horses to do articles on. Wheel Horse dealers from around the country come to sell off their old stock of parts.

The Annual Wheel Horse show is held rain or shine as there is both indoor and outdoor exhibiting areas.

If you have any questions concerning the 11th Annual Wheel Horse Show send me a e-mail and I will help you out.

See ya' at the show! :D

Wild Bill Pearson junkin@bellatlantic.net

Board of Director

Wheel Horse Collectors Club

Attached Image

post-3-1230829213.jpg

stevebo

Wild Bill,

I have to ask, what is that tractor specifically the engine set up?? I have not seen anything like it.. Is it stock or modified?? Looks great !!

Teddy da Bear

Again due to distance....I won't be attending.

But I am looking forward to meet and greets in this area of the midwest.

And I am considering having my own meet and greet this coming year.

Hope there will be some interest for a turnout. :hide:

Curmudgeon

I won't be able to make it to Pennsylvania again this year either....

However, Mike, IF you can meet and greet on a sunday......... :hide:

KyBlue

I am planning on being there, with one or two horses and a large trailer in tow.. never know what kinda goodies I might get to drag home.. Oh and of course the the BBQ too!

The camping... is it just for those like Duke with his "Stabbin Cabin" or is there a primitive setup for tents too? ?

Curmudgeon

It's mostly all primitive. Just think a grassy parking lot with some camping extending into the trees beside same.

OnlyRedInMyShed

Looking forward to the June show! Great to hear the featured tractor will be the GT 14. I just purchased a 1969 GT 14 yesterday with a 3-pt hitch, tiller, and 48 inch deck. I hope to bring it to the show from N.C.

DOC in Kentucky

Less then 6 months away :horseplay: :horseplay: :banana: :banana:

And free :hide:

Teddy da Bear

Dale I knew you would chime in for a Sunday request!

But I think like Kelly's fabulous outing....it would be better if it

were on a Saturday....with Sunday being the rain day.

Wouldn't it be worth a day of vacation Dale? :hide:

linen beige

Ummmm...if the show is at the end of June.......that would make it

more than 6 months away. (from today anyway) :hide:

:hide: From today until Feb. 2nd is one month, march 2nd= two months, April 2nd =three months, May 2nd= four months, June 2nd= five months...The show is LESS than six months away. Figure in the short month of Feb. and it's even closer! :D

I'd love to make it, but any plans I make that far off will probably get changed by the wife. :omg:

baerpath

Oh come on Jim, take her with ya. Mine had a blast and already put in for the time to go this yr. She even bought her own GT14 to take with her :hide:

Duane

Nick

Unless you fear the possible costs resulting from it you could mention to the wife that Gettysburg has some nice shopping. :hide: Dont forget to pick up a load of Sweet Cherries from one of the orchards. :D

http://roundbarngettysburg.com/ Have to drive past the round barn

http://www.gettysburgvillage.com/ Outlet Mall South of Gettysburg

http://www.boydsbearcountry.com/ Teddy Bear mega store

Country Store in Biglerville -Link with history of the store-

An hour or two East is the train ride, museum and Dutch Wonderland.

http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ Steam train ride

http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/ Train museum

http://www.dutchwonderland.com/ Amusement park

BPjunk

Wild Bill,

I have to ask, what is that tractor specifically the engine set up?? I have not seen anything like it.. Is it stock or modified?? Looks great !!

Steve,

Lets just say ... it's a toy! :D

This was custom built out a parts that were not good enough to use for a restoration and the engine is as heavy as it looks. The Hatz diesel is only rated at 7.5hp .... but ifn's ya' have a stuck locomotive in your back yard let me and I will pull it out. I take this tractor pulls and have never lugged the engine down. :hide:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

BPjunk

The camping... is it just for those like Duke with his "Stabbin Cabin" or is there a primitive setup for tents too? ?

Scott,

There is shaded camping, fire rings are avaible but bring your wood and nice restrooms with showers. The South Mountian Fairgrounds installed 24 electrical hook ups for campers, now I guess they are 110 volts ... sorry but I didn't ask what they were. The 24 sites with electrical hook ups are first come first serve BUT if you have medical needs of a electrical hook up let us know.

BPjunk

I'd love to make it, but any plans I make that far off will probably get changed by the wife. :D

Jim,

I did learn a few things in college besides blondes and red heads one of which being marketing. One of the reasons I post so early on in the year is so young families with lots of kids can have more time to prepare for the show, empty nestors like myself can pack up and go in a moments notice :hide: BUT a pick up truck full of youngin's takes a while! :horseplay:

KyBlue

Hey Jim - Your welcome to ride along w/ me. There will be room on the trailer ( its a 18 footer) for any of your collection you care to bring, and its a ext cab truck so if you get on my nerves... or I get on yours...There's always a back seat..

Wild Bill - Thanks for the camping info. I'll have a generator if somebody needs to connect to it... Gotta have my laptop..

stevebo

bill, never saw a diesel on a wheelhorse-awesome... :hide:

Duff

Bill,

What are the rules about pets (dogs) on leashes? Our "children" are a black lab and a golden retriever (wife and I couldn't have the two legged type :hide: ) who go everywhere with us. We've passed up a few trips 'cuz of the kids, but that's just the way we are! :hide:

Thanks,

Duff :D

bell

I'm really looking forward to it!!! Although I still have a LOT to do. I'm planning on bring 4 or 5 tractors and the 4-wheel wagon, but.... we'll see if I can get them done.

HorseFixer

I am planning on being there, with one or two horses and a large trailer in tow.. never know what kinda goodies I might get to drag home.. Oh and of course the the BBQ too!

Shhhhh don't say that too loud! :hide: She hates when I call it that, So's dont cut me off from the stabbin in me cabin :hide:

Yep look fwd to seeing you all there! :D

stevebo

It can also be called as they say in Australia "shaggin wagon"

BPjunk

What are the rules about pets (dogs) on leashes?

Duff,

No problem with dogs at the show on leashes at the show and there is pleanty of woods in the area to take them back into also. :hide:

KyBlue

WBP -

You said the camping spots with electric are first come first serve, but do we need to reserve a camping spot with anybody?? I'd hate to get there and not have a place to camp ya know. (had that happen at a few different car shows)

CHARGER9AUTO

I won't be able to attend the show either Guy's I'll See all my Red Square friends next year . Ben............. :hide: :horseplay:

Buzz

WBP -

You said the camping spots with electric are first come first serve, but do we need to reserve a camping spot with anybody?? I'd hate to get there and not have a place to camp ya know. (had that happen at a few different car shows)

You'll have a place to camp for sure, it's a big fairground. You might be out in the sun but there is space for you. What will you be camping in, a tent or camper? I started in a motorhome but being it was just me started sleeping in my van. Sold the van this summer and the truck only has a 5'5" bed so I bought a tent. Maybe next year I'll be sleeping under the stars :hide: But I plan on being there :D

You can get a good look at the fairgrounds by clicking here:

http://www.yellowpages.com/maps

Put the address as 615 Narrows Rd, Biglerville PA

When it comes up click on BIRDSEYE. The camping area is to the right as soon as you come in off the road, in the little patch of woods and the field between the road and the buildings.

Does anyone know where they made the 20 sites with electricity? It might affect how it's laid out this year but there is still plenty of room.