Abe01

Hunting in texas

Abe01

My buddy calls me and says hey found us a place to hunt! So we head over yesterday (2hour drive). He says oh it's going to be great it's a hay field....... Well no one has been there in almost 20 years. It's literally covered in mesquite, for those that don't know mesquite is a tree that is covered in 2 inch thorns. These thorns have an oil on them that is painfull and can cause serious infections occasionally.  So we spent six hours cutting brush in a mesquite patch and the only animals that got holes in them where us. I got thorns all in my hands and thorn holes everywhere else! Also realized I'm not 20 anymore..... Typing this is about as much energy as I can muster today! Just wanted to complain a little, and remind folks even a "bad" hunt  it could be worse!

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Abe01 said:

place to hunt!

I thought your buddy told you about a place to hunt for :wh:.    :ychain:

• Like 1

Abe01

Lol I soooooo wish we were hunting :wh:. Especially with in 2 hours from here. This would be a totally different thread.....probably in all caps :ROTF:

DougC

I know what a body full of thorn holes feels like! I heated my house and garage with wood burning furnaces for over 30 years before I finally got old and tired and bought some modern day HVAC systems.

I own 20 acres of land with about 1/2 of it timber. I would cut down and chop and split those awful thorny locust trees because I needed to get rid of them and they generate lots of heat for a long time when burned....... OH THE PAIN!!!!  AND FLAT TIRES!!!   I HATE THORNS!!!   :lol:

• Like 1