Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Parking Brake Light stays on all the time 414-8

pfrederi

I am working on a 414-8.  The Parking Brake warning light stays on all the time even with the ignition off.  (The circuit board is feed directly from the battery according to the wiring diagram) That way I guess you can do the light test even with the switch off.  Problem is that little light drains the battery over a few days.  The switch seems to work correctly.  there is continuity when the Parking Brake is engaged and the circuit is open when the PB is disengaged.  I have tried jumping the terminals and there is no change the light stays on all the time.  Any thoughts.  My guess is a problem in the circuit board...which is NLA and even if you find one prohibitively expensive.

squonk

My 520 PB light stays on with the brake off. I have to make sure the little lock lever goes back down. If it sticks in the lock position the light is on. I push it down and it goes off. I'm sure you checked that already. 

pfrederi

Regrettably yes I took the switch out and tried leaving the circuit open and also jumping the terminals.   No difference the light stayed on.

So far I have two ideas.  Install some sort of battery disconnect  not very elegant,.. or feed the circuit board from the accessory terminal of the ignition switch.  The light would only be on when the ignition was on.  Not that elegant but cheaper than a battery cut out.    Thoughts????

414.JPG