Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

need some pics

jerrell

:hide: about 2 months ago i started tearing the GT 1800 down and restoring it , i have all the parts repainted and ready to go back together and i have forgotten how the parts go back together again, got everthing figured out but the rods, levers, and hydro parts in the dash tower, can someone post a pic of the way these things fit. also i am missing a rubber cromet the big round one that goes on the side of the tower , i think the lift rod goes thru, do they sell these or do we have to manufactor one?

hodge

Lowe's sells different size rubber grommets...

jerrell

:hide: thanks hodge , didn't think of that, i burned the old one while heating the tower with torch, bending it back in shape, the po bent the top of the tower so he could get the hydro control off , he bent it all the way over to take the nuts/boldt out and halfway ruined the left side of the tower, i heated it and worked it back in position and now you can't tell what happened but i for got to take that gromet out before heating :imstupid: .

Teddy da Bear

Lesson learned! You have to take pictures before you dissassemble... :hide:

TT

P/N 106267 is the grommet and is under $5 from Toro.

You can also slit a piece of

Anthony Wendover

Jerrell what angle pics do you want? I have tons of pics from my restoration i can get you.. Let me get them together for you

jerrell

:hide: thanks TT, i haven't investigated other sites until you showed me this one, and it's a very good site. i certaintly can use it, thanks again.

Andrew i am looking at the shift lever and the lift mechnism i thought i laided them out and painted them in order but in painting got them all mixed up.. :imstupid:

next time will take pics and copy them to printer and have a hardcopy,

thanks guy, planning on getting it back together tomorrow if possible, and getting that honda hooked up. may have to go to an electric clutch, don't know yet

jerrell

:horseplay: :hide::D:hide:

Thanks TT and Andrew, got the tower back together with the lift and shift levers and everthing back together , really pretty simple when you can see what it looks like on paper. have to put everthing on hold until i get a part from parts tree, the person i bought the lift control did not include the part that hold the control box to the frame, thanks again guys getting her done :omg: :banana: :horseplay:

JimD

jerrell, please don't forget, :hide::D :hide:

jerrell

i'll try a pic, just got lift and shift lever and part of the tower back on.

013-Copy.jpg

012-Copy.jpg

(edited by TT)

Duff

Jerrell, is that a can of Rustoleum Regal Red I spy sitting on your tractor? :hide:

If so, my shop is littered with them since I am a rattle can kinda guy (too poor to buy a spray rig!), and that's the paint I use on my tractors, too.

BTW, your project looks like its coming along nicely! :D

Cheers!

Duff :hide:

jerrell

:hide: right on duff, i spray painted the parts , but with putting the parts back in position, i had to use a little persuasion,(trusty hammer) and used the spray can to cover my chip marks and scratches.

i did use the rattle can to paint the back and bottom of the seat and i can't tell the difference, i may use the rattle can to paint the ROOF, using the spray painter is a lot of trouble unless you have a big project, or a lot of small pieces, i do like the spray painter for a quicker drying time,

thanks TT for the pic enlargements..