mbarb54

No Power - help requested

mbarb54

I have a Wheel Horse 310-8. I am getting no power to start the engine. I thought it was the battery and replaced it. Still no power. Can someone suggest where I might check next to determine the problem? Your help would be much appreciated.

Mike

953 nut

The first step in any electrical problem is to clean and tighten all electrical connections including grounds. Next take a small jumper wire from the battery "+" to the small terminal of the starter solenoid that goes to the ignition switch. If the starter turns over then the starter, battery and solenoid and all of the large wires can be presumed to be good. Let us know how you do.

• Like 1

mbarb54

Thank you 953 Nut. I ran a wire from (+) on battery to the small terminal of the starter solenoid. The starter DOES turn over. If that means the battery, starter and

solenoid are good, does that lead to ignition switch next? 

953 nut
13 minutes ago, mbarb54 said:

does that lead to ignition switch next? 

No, there are safety switches on the PTO and clutch, either of these could be causing the problem.

Don't know what year yours is but the wiring diagram in this manual should help.

mbarb54

Ok, thanks. Mine is a 1989 model. I have the manual and will see what I can find about the wiring to PTO and clutch. Thanks

• Like 1

gwest_ca

This file has a detailed wiring diagram for each circuit

Garry