rmaynard

Life's A Beach

Achto
10 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Just sayin'

Looks like your in a very good place right now.

• Like 3

russellmc301

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Feeling a little better about the beach are you Bob?     These lower temps are great.

Think I'll head for the Atlantic  for some fishing and crabbing as soon as I get home from Dover Olde Tyme Days.

• Like 3

rmaynard
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Feeling a little better about the beach are you Bob? 

Still hot here, but the beer is cold and the grandkids have been so much fun.

Not to mention the ocean temperature has been in the 60's :angry-chillpill:

• Like 2

DougC

Do the crabs just walk right up to you and scream EAT ME and then crawl into the cooler and commit suicide???? 

Looks like a great day! Wish we had an ocean in Iowa!     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, DougC said:

Do the crabs just walk right up to you and scream EAT ME and then crawl into the cooler and commit suicide???? 

Looks like a great day! Wish we had an ocean in Iowa!     :handgestures-thumbupright:

Not quite that easy Doug, But for some unkown reason this has been a banner year for crabs in the Delaware Bay where my camp is located.

Usually the Chesapeake Bay produces better crabs, but this year it has reversed.    A friend of mine crabs the Wye River area of the Chesapeake and usually takes 15-20 bushel per year, but this year  he struggled to get 10 bushel.   

:offtopic:   Sorry Bob....didn't plan to pirate your post. 

• Like 1

tunahead72

So Bob... I just read this thread all the way through, and I must have missed where you told all your RedSquare friends EXACTLY what beach you're at. Don't worry, we won't ALL show up! 😎

rmaynard

Currituck Club in Corolla, NC is where we are staying. The beach is public access for the area. 

tunahead72

That's a little far for me to come bother you, so I think you're safe for now.  Enjoy your stay there, and don't forget the sunscreen! :greetings-waveyellow:

Edited by tunahead72

clueless

35BC (before children) years ago my wife and I would take a vacation and visit my sister in Laurel Md. From Pensacola Fl. we would ether take the Blue Ridge up, and the Atlantic coast back or visa versa. Usually took about two and half to three day going and coming, just stopping when we wanted and checking out the sights. Those were the days, no 10+ Hr bonsai run to some way over priced amusement park (sorry Richie) or big motel with a big pool. Sorry I regress, any way Corolla NC was ether our last night stay going up or our first night going back. So Bob, in your honor I'm drinking a cold one as I write this, what the H, I my have a few more, its Friday afternoon, wait I'm retired:rolleyes:.

Chris

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I drove thru Corolla on my way to a vacation in Rodanthe.    Close enough, I'll drink one in Bobs honor also Chris.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Are you waking up to another beautiful day at the beach, Bob?

rmaynard
On 8/20/2016 at 7:38 AM, Wheel-N-It said:

Are you waking up to another beautiful day at the beach, Bob?

Actually, at the time of your posting I was 3 hours into my journey home. Left at 4:30 AM to beat the Rt 12 traffic, and traffic around DC.

The weather was hot but beautiful all week long. Had a cooling rain shower Friday evening. Couldn't ask for better beach weather. 

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Let me know the next time you are in NC Bob:)

rmaynard
8 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Let me know the next time you are in NC Bob:)

I'll do that. We usually go to Corolla once each summer

• Like 1