Dan Hankins

just got a sk-486

Al C.
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

It is something that just hit me. Normally the 10-16 hp k-series are bolted directly to the frame. A couple years earlier when they used the shaker mount it required a different oil pan to fit. It also reduced the oil capacity from 2 quarts to 1 1/2 quarts (if my memory is serving me properly). I can't tell for sure if Dans motor is mounted the same way. :)

The memory is absolutely correct !  :-)

Dan Hankins

Thanks for the pics AL c , I kinda figured it was something like that. Looks like I could make that pretty easy.

Dan Hankins
7 hours ago, Racinbob said:

@Al C.  I just noticed that your motor is mounted on a plate. With the things that Wheel Horse did over the years I'm wondering if they were using up some motors intended for the short lived shaker mounts. :think:

Mine is also mounted on a plate just went out and looked. I just changed the oil in mine but I buy my oil in bulk so I didn't really pay any attention to the capacity. 

ztnoo

Just noted one tractor of this model is listed on that famous auction site, and located in Rittman, Ohio in the greater Akron area.

Given the price mentioned about the tractor spoken of in this thread, the ask price seems pretty steep to me @ $750.

Doesn't look in nearly as good shape as the one @Dan Hankins has.

Opinions gentlemen?

Edited by ztnoo

ztnoo

?

Edited by ztnoo

chip61

Sounds high to me-I could have bought a decent one a couple years ago for $450.00. I thought it was a fair price, but I just didn't have anywhere to put it. I regret not buying it just because the SK486 isn't a real common tractor.

Charles123

Just wondering I have A SK486 82 model But it has A K341AS 16 horse magnum is that whar is on yours?

Dan Hankins

I've had mine a couple of years now and love it possibly my favorite tractor. The one mentioned for auction isn't as nice but still a decent looking machine and they are a heck of a nice ride but I believe a little high.

Al C.

I’ve had mine for three years.  Great tractor!  Strong engine and transmission.  Classic Wheel Horse design.  No plastic or electronics!  Spent $1,500 on it - mint condition from collector in Columbus Ohio.  Worth every penny.  

273E6500-0FFF-46F1-AD5B-4D55C7BD50C2.jpeg

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1