Sign in to follow this  
Greg Parnell

Well it ain't pretty....

Greg Parnell

My Dad told me that there was a "lawnmower man" about an hour and a half from here back in the country that might have a Kohler engine from a wheelhose. I've been looking for a K161 or K181 for a while now for the engineless 702 but hadn't had any luck.

After a couple of weeks of trying to find where this place was and trying to get in touch with the man everything fell in place earlier this week and we went down there today to see what he had and this is what I came home with. I got almost a complete tractor but it all taken apart. He was going to use the engine and frame for a pull'n tractor but decided to sell it. The K181 is going on the engineless 702 Wheel Horse and I'll use the other parts as needed.

I got my engine I was looking for with a few extra tractor parts with it. I think we found us a really good deal at a really good price.

Dec24-252008001.jpg

T-Mo

Greg,

Man that is a sad looking thing. :hide: I'm glad you were able to rescue it. It should make a good donor for your 702. There's some good parts there also.

bell

Looks BEAUTIFUL to me... :hide:

kpinnc

Looks BEAUTIFUL to me...

I agree!

Good find Greg!

Kevin

bitten

Greg

Hope the engine works out great for you.

Sometimes it takes us a little bit of time to find what we need but when we do it makes the wait worth it.

Good Luck

P.J.

Teddy da Bear

Nice scrounging!! :hide:

Suburban 550

Great find Greg :hide: Lot of good extra parts.

hodge

I don't know about you guys, but wouldn't it be fitting, given the care, determination, and imagination of the typical WH nut, to include this photo in next years calender? It could be titled "wishful thinking", or "one mans trash is another mans treasure"...

bowtieguy

I like it!!!.....and don't forget that SEAT!!.....better every time I look at it

Greg Parnell

Thanks for the encouragement and it's looking better as we go!! I'm already thinking about one of those nice seat cushions with the draw string to go on the square seat. I read a post here about someone making them, I just have to find it again. That could be a good birthday gift. :hide:

I'm glad I could save the old horse and put it to good use.

HorseFixer

Looks BEAUTIFUL to me... :omg:

Ohhhh How Sweet It IS!!! :hide: Round Hood Parts.... Errg Errg Errg cant get enough! That is one pretty picture to a trained eYe! :D nice find! Once you get through with it give the carcase to ME! :hide:

TJ

I'm already thinking about one of those nice seat cushions with the draw string to go on the square seat. I read a post here about someone making them, I just have to find it again.

The seat cushion is available on ebay for about 24.00.

I bought one, and it is well made, and looks good.

Nice find on the motor and frame. :hide:

Greg Parnell

WOO HOOO !!!! My Dad fired up that old K181 today on that frame and it runs smooooth :banana: We had to use an external gas tank because the one on the frame was dirty inside but it didn't take much to get it running. :D:hide::omg:

Now to move the engine to the 702 or would it be a 802 now since it has a 8hp engine :hide:

Buzz

Once you get through with it give the carcase to ME!

Look out :hide: .......... Dukes firing up the grill and getting ready to barbeque again :D