Sign in to follow this  
bell

Picked up a "green" one...

bell

I picked up a JD 110 today. It is a 1968 model. I originally went to look at it for the K181, but when I saw how original and NICE it is.... the wheels started turning. I know (for some ungodly reason) the John Deeres bring BIG money... So, I'll fix it up and hopefully make a buck. :hide: Or, find someone crazy enough to trade a Wheel Horse for it... :D

greenwaheenie_001.jpg

greenwaheenie_004.jpg

greenwaheenie_002.jpg

greenwaheenie_003.jpg

Rollerman

Looks like another nice tractor John.

I have a green one in my shed too.

Even though I prefer "RED" I'm not afraid to have other colors here either. :hide:

MaineDad

Those 110's are great tractors. I know several people who are still using one. Clean her up and make some money.

bitten

I have liked the looks of those older 110. Hope you can make some decent money for it.

P.J.

refracman

Looks like a nice peice there and before JD messed them up and made them hard to work on.

Good luck

Duff

I can't throw any rocks about "green", either. I've got a GT235 and and STX 46 I keep at my Mom's place to take care of it. The STX was my Dad's, and the 325 we bought because my brother and I have places of our own to tend and need to take care of Mom's (four acres, all landscaped!) while working our own full time jobs. Also saves me having to trailer my WH312-8 20+ miles every time the lawn needs mowing!

Looks like you got a good machine there. Good luck with it!

Duff :hide:

T-Mo

Jon,

Nice score. The older JD's were terrific machines. 1968 was the first year of the square fendered (SF) JD's. You can find more info and also register, or at least, look up in the registery the model number and serial number here: Weekend Freedom Machines. That one looks to be in decent shape. If you decide to keep it, there are a lot of attachments you can find those old JDs.

Oh, btw, I wouldn't mind trading one of my C's for it - I wouldn't mind having another JD 110....There are times I wish I would have kept my '66 110 and/or my '78 JD 210.

bell

T-Mo, trade one of your C's huh?.... I think I might smell a road trip coming... lol

I would really like to trade it for a 953 or 1054 (ATT'N rustyoldjunk :hide: ) Or a round hood... but a C just might work...

T-Mo

Well, I do have a round hood, though I think I would like to keep it as it's the only round hood I got. I have two C's, so one of those would be more expendable.....We can consider it from both of our ends. It's something to think about.

bell

Well, I do have a round hood, though I think I would like to keep it as it's the only round hood I got. I have two C's, so one of those would be more expendable.....We can consider it from both of our ends. It's something to think about.

DEFINATELY something to think about... If you get a chance, post up some pics. :hide:

T-Mo

Jon,

Yes it is something to consider. If we don't trade, and you sell it, there was a '70 110 that was in the wfm's classified section. It was for sale in Huntington, Indiana, ran good, was used last summer to mow, with 39" deck, new front tires, looked a little better than yours. He was originally asking $400, but sold a day or two ago for $300. That should give you an idea of what to expect, I think on yours. Here's the link to wfm classifieds section: http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/disc...html?1230349694

You have to scroll down the page a bit, to Tuesday, December 23, at 7:26 CST. The seller was Ken Dennis..... Here's the gist of the ad:

"1970 110 for sale!

Model# T0641 168679

It has the usual dings and scratches, but it is in fairly good condition overall,the original seat is still in good condition, the sheet metal is straight and in great condition, the motor runs like a top, a very strong runner and starts fairly easy, no smoke or leaks, everything seems to work as it should, sept the lift lever lock spring needs fixed, the #39 mower deck is in pretty good shape, it has a set of Goodyear lugs on the rear that aren't bad, but are starting to show some slight cracking, the front tires are new and still have little rubber hairs, and all tires hold air, I used this last summer to mow with along with my 318!

I was asking $400.00 for it, but will take $325.00. "Now $300.00, LAST CHANCE" "

bell

I got it running tonight... IT RUNS GREAT!!!

Now to address the changing of the drive belts... I changed the rear, Piece of cake... Then, it took me 1-1/2 hours to just remove the front drive belt... Had to unbolt the engine just to get it out. :hide: This thing MUST GO... It's too complicated for me... :D

T-Mo, I've been googlemap-ing..... We are only about 4 hours from eachother. How about some pics of that "C" ? :hide:

bell

I changed the drive belts today... It drives pertty good... It needs a little TLC here and there, but I think it will make someone a GREAT restoration project.

I'll now be posting it up for sale.

Here's a few more pics.

greenwaheenie_005.jpg

The black spot on the grille is from the muffler... The grille is not bent AT ALL...

greenwaheenie_006.jpg

The "variable speed" works FLAWLESSLY... It's kinda neat, you have infinite control of your speed in each gear and it has a "granny low"

greenwaheenie_007.jpg

greenwaheenie_008.jpg

T-Mo

Jon,

I'm still considering that trade - as you can see I move at super slow speed. :hide: Of course, if you sell it then I guess I waited too late. :hide:

One word of warning on the variable speed - NEVER move the lever when the engine is NOT running. It may lock it up and when you go to move it, it will not move. A lot to most of the complaints on the variable speed JD tractors is that the tractor will not move when in gear - this is cause mostly by someone moving the variable speed lever when the tractor is not running.

I have a lot of other things going on, so I haven't gave the trade the consideration I need to. I'll email you soon if I'm still interested (provided you still have it and will have patience with me). :D