seven

Wheelhorse 877

seven

Need to figure out why it isn't charging can someone point me in where to look first I cannot find a wiring diagram either 

953 nut

Here you go.

gwest_ca

Here is the tractor operator manual and wiring

This manual has a section on the starter/generator

Garry

• Like 1

seven

OK thxs

seven

If I take off the  wire from the voltage regulator marked bat. And put a meter on it what voltage should I be getting off it I'm assuming about 13 ,or14 volts

cleat

I would leave it connected to the battery and check it.

Should ideally be between 14 and 15 volts to generate a good charge.

You may need to bring the engine RPM's up to get a good output.

Achto

Check out this site, explains starter gen and walks you through trouble shooting. www.simpletractors.com › Service › Electrical Systems .

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• indywheelhorsenut
      By indywheelhorsenut
      Started fine 2 weeks ago.  I left key in ignition and fear grandson may have turned it slightly to right a week ago.. not enough to engage starter but perhaps enough to drain battery.

Went to start it yesterday and no charge at all.  Started charging it and battery began to take charge.  However starter turned over but didnt turn engine over.

Question is do I just need more of a charge (more amps) or do I have another problem?

Lol, have 5 inches of snow headed here starting tonight so I need to get ahead of this today.
    • firemanironman
      By firemanironman
      I picked up a wheel horse and I am having trouble finding the connection for this wire. I have no spark and  have searched for the placement of this wire within the distance of its length...any ideas?...can't seem to paste the picture....

• MS GENERAL REPAIR
      By MS GENERAL REPAIR
      Part 1 of John Deere STX Lawn Tractor Repair Video Series.
      The Engine won't crank.

• r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I know my voltage regulator is bad on my Onan P220 and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on a replacement, OEM or aftermarket? 
      Also, I checked my stator leads for AC Voltage and got about 25 volts at 3600 rpm on each. Is this OK? I know it says in the 40’s.
      Thanks guys
    • lodestonefarm
      By lodestonefarm
      I went out to use my 520H with blower this evening and it won't start.  I used this machine a few days ago (for the first time this winter).  The battery has been on a trickle charge so I don't think that's the problem.  It's done this before where it won't start, won't start, and then starts.  Usually that is in cold weather and after I've previously used it to blow snow.  I don't have a heated garage so I think it might have some ice somewhere that was introduced as water the last time I blew snow.

Here's what it's currently doing.  When I turn the Ignition to 'On' the red warning lights and the dashs light all come on.  When I turn the key to start position I get a single 'Click' and nothing more.  I tried jumping it from a hot battery just to rule out a bad battery.  Same behavior.  Following some of the other threads about 520s with trouble starting, I pulled the blue wire off the starter solenoid.  If I run a jumper wire from the (+) side of the battery directly to the solenoid I get the same behavior (regardless of key being in on or off position)- small spark where my jumper wire is touching the battery terminal and a single click.  

I'm unsure what this means about the solenoid and if that, in any way tests, the starter.  Could it be that my starter is bad/frozen?  I tried using a heat lamp to warm up that area, but in this weather (and my garage, which is really just a tarp shed) that just isn't going to work.  

I've downloaded the demystification guide and started looking at it but I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions.  Snow is falling and I'm not making much headway on this.  

Thanks