Sign in to follow this  
Guest fireman

Took a "little" ride today and,

Guest fireman

1. Left the house this morning at 5:30 am enroute to Acushnet, MA. following up on a hot tip about a horse for sale :hide:

2. Avoided a 4 mile back-up on I84 in Hartford,CT. (thank god for GPS :hide: )

3. Dealt with snow fags (As my wife calls them), that are afraid of a little slush on the road :omg:

4. Made half the trip in 4wd high on the way there (many cars off the side of the roads)

5. Avoided the obstacle course of cars and trucks that still had over a foot of snow on the roof :wtf:

6. Got back home around 4:30 pm and unloaded by myself in the dark at 12 degrees F

A 9 hour, 360 mile round trip and this is what I got for my trouble :D :

1962 702 practically unmolested with the HY-2 hydraulic lift and 42" dozer blade :banana:

Starts right up and runs great! Tires look to be originals with no dry rot at all. Rims have no rust what so ever. HY-2 is a little sluggish. I think it is low on fluid.

702002.jpg

702001.jpg

702003.jpg

702004.jpg

Duff

Wow, fireman! That is one FINE looking tractor! Well worth the trip! :D

Congratulations! :hide:

...and Merry Christmas! :omg:

Duff :hide:

(Got to ask, by the way - is the nickname indicative of your profession? I did a long stint as a vol/engine driver up this way!)

bitten

very nice score for the trip.

P.J.

Rollerman

Congrats Fireman....you did good! :hide:

Heck I would have jogged bare foot in that weather to land that one. :D

TT

Nice looking machine! :hide:

Someone was quite fond of red paint though, weren't they? :D

KyBlue

Nice Score!!

stevebo

It must have been something in the water we drank in little league. I am making the same typr of trip on Friday to Albany area for a 417-8.... Nice tractor..

pond195520032003

nice tractor :hide: you did good for your self :D

Coadster32

Horray to you. Great find. Jelousy is in the air again. :hide:

Greg Parnell

That's a great looking 702 !! Good Find!!!

Rideawaysenior

Fireman,

Real nice find. I'm in MA my self, and you may have been right through my area on your way there. If your ever up this way again, give a shout. Meeting RS members is nice. I've been toying the thought with a few other members of having a New England Meet and Greet up this way. Alot of people in the NE region feel that where I am would be a good central location. If you would be interested in participating, please let me know, I'm trying to put together a list of interested persons.

Also, excellent find, that machine is in real nice looking shape. I'm a bit saddened to hear that it came from MA. I'm always looking to see what is in my area, and this one got away. LOL.

Jack :hide:

Guest fireman

Jack,

Would definately be up for a meet and greet. Let me know when and where.

Jeff

linen beige

Nice find! I love my 702/HY-2/blade set up.

You're gonna love how easy it is to use that lift with the blade. There should be a pipe plug on the pump body just above center on the rear. Take out the plug and fill it to the base of the hole. It should hold about three pints. There should also be a small plug in the top of the pump body. Take that one out also to allow air to escape as you pour in fluid. I recently opened my pump up to replace the return spring and found what looked like hydraulic fluid, so I replaced it with hydraulic fluid. Power steeing fluid also works. Check the cylinder for leaks and for leak down. It may need new O rings. The cylinder should take three 1 1/2 X 1 1/4 X 1/8 O rings that are a breeze to replace. There is also a smaller one around the shaft where it exits the housing but I don't recall the size. New O rings are cheap and it wouldn't hurt to replace the fluid in it just for general upkeep. The hose fittings actually hold the cylinder together. Remove the hoses and the ends pull right off of the cylinder.

Guest fireman

linen,

Thanks for the info. I will do what you said and rebuild the cylinder and check on the condition of the spring, which I hear almost always breaks.

Thanks

MaineDad

Nice Horse. I too saw that one listed and could not believe the price. Way to go!

TJ

Nice tractor.

Suburban 550

Nice find Fireman. :hide: Well worth the trip.

Guest fireman

The 702 has joined the 2 RJs and the 61 401 in the workshop. Time to do some clean-up and give it a good going over. Anyone have a spare cover for the motor to starter belt? Also looking for an original seat!

702007.jpg

702006.jpg

KyBlue

Thats a pretty nice lookin workshop - and as said before...Nice Score!!

Guest fireman

Here's a better pic of the workshop. A little cluttered at the moment, but I am in the process of rearranging it. We put a master bedroom addition on 3 years ago and this what is below it. It's 20' by 30'. Can you believe she actually let me have it for my shop :hide:

shop.jpg