T-Mo

Ebay WH Has Made it Home

T-Mo

Here is the $50 WH that was on ebay this past Saturday.  Steve (wh500special) knew I was looking for one, so he grabbed it and then passed it on to me.  I picked it up just now and it's sitting now in the garage with the 416-8 and some JDs.  It's missing some engine pieces and the front wheels are bolted to hubs, incorrect rear wheels, and the deck is pretty shot, and I'm pretty sure the seat spring is backwards.  But, it's safe and sound now.

photo (4).JPG

photo (3).JPG

photo (2).JPG

photo (1).JPG

2007-01-01 00.00.00-31.jpg

2007-01-01 00.00.00-32.jpg

2007-01-01 00.00.00-33.jpg

2007-01-01 00.00.00-34.jpg

• Like 8

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: score...   :handgestures-thumbsup:

kinda looks like a project though. 

T-Mo

Yeah, it's a project.  It will probably get a Predator engine just so I can drive it around.  This one is missing the flywheel, carburetor and who knows what else.

I just took off the deck, and I can say for a certainty, that, and I don't want to offend anyone, but a JD deck is a lot easier than this one to remove.

AMC RULES

Probably would make more cents(pun)...

to just replace the whole thing with one of these instead. 

Will PM you the link.  

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

neil

That'll polish up nicely , great find, 

these must be getting quit sparse now

slammer302

Looks good

ohiofarmer

So we have a new term for the deck. Perforated patina.B).

Anyway, good luck with the project

• Like 1

russellmc301

i was wondering who got it i went to look for it and it was gone. glad to see you got it.

wh500special

Doesn't look too bad for fifty bucks!   I was glad to help in a small way.  I figured if you didn't want it I could make good use of it!

Might need to name that one "Festus," Terry!

ive always wanted to do it but haven't yet, but I think replacing the original toasted motor on one of those with a Honda GC190 would be sweet.   They don't have the slanted cylinder like the heavy duty GX series and are more compact.   Not as tough, but good little engines.  And pretty cheap too. 

Just an idea.   

steve

Achto
5 hours ago, T-Mo said:

It will probably get a Predator engine just so I can drive it around.

The 6.5hp Predator engine bolts right down in the existing frame holes, Down side is the air cleaner will only fit under the hood if you remove the top cover. The muffler does not fit under the hood either. I added a different air cleaner, down side made the brake hard to get to. Fixed that later by bolting a wrench on top of the brake peddle. Purchased an exhaust flange and bent 3/4" conduit to reach a muffler under the hood, no down side on that. After these alterations I had to drill the main jet out with a #67 drill bit.IMG_20160221_142330581_HDR.jpgIMG_20160227_142609011.jpg

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

T-Mo  Looks like a great project for you. Go to some shows and get all the parts you need to fix it up. Nice tractor. ENJOY.

T-Mo

That K91 on ebay looks nice. There is also another one, looks to be from the same seller.  The Predator engine is still an option, though I don't like the compromises I have to make to make it work.

I know it will take money to get this thing back to the living again.  I hope my wife understands that.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Edited by T-Mo

wrightorchid

maybe paint it pink and she will be on board with the restoration!!

T-Mo

The Horses might be reproducing. I was over at my friends house trying once again to talk him out of his Wheel Horse.  He told me he probably sell it at one point, but wasn't ready yet.  But when I showed him pictures of the ebay "Festus" 401, he may just let me have his.  I think it's a '61 also.  I'm thinking it's a Techy engine on it.  Anyone can tell me if it's a 401 or maybe 551, or maybe a '60 something. 

Oh, and he has a 4 hp Kohler engine that I will be getting from him for the ebay "Festus" 401.

photo (6).JPG

• Like 1

Achto

That one is a 1961 judging by the hood and foot rests. 1960 had throttle and choke levers, 1961 had throttle and choke pull knobs. 1961 was also the only year for the style of foot rests in your picture above.  If the Techy is the correct engine, I believe it to be a 551 with the electric start. The foot rests on Festus I believe are for a 1960 but the hood is a 61.

• Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

I'm glad you got it. 

whfan74
8 hours ago, T-Mo said:

The Horses might be reproducing. I was over at my friends house trying once again to talk him out of his Wheel Horse.  He told me he probably sell it at one point, but wasn't ready yet.  But when I showed him pictures of the ebay "Festus" 401, he may just let me have his.  I think it's a '61 also.  I'm thinking it's a Techy engine on it.  Anyone can tell me if it's a 401 or maybe 551, or maybe a '60 something. 

Oh, and he has a 4 hp Kohler engine that I will be getting from him for the ebay "Festus" 401.

photo (6).JPG

Yup it looks to be a 551!  Hope the good luck keeps rolling your way.