Ed Kennell

Help...domestic problem

Lane Ranger

GO Naked FEET with TEVAS and feel the grease and sweat pour off the feet! 

Doc2.docx

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

sluggo

You think you have trouble, My wife keeps introducing me to people as her first husband.

• Like 3

sluggo

Dad used to run all his work clothes to the laundromat.

I always have 4 or 5 mystery bruises since I have been on blood thinners. Mrs Sluggo pinched me two weeks ago and I still have the bruise. I have scratched scabs off by mistake and then gotten blood all over the place. That creates another laundry issue.

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

I run a load with all my shop and gardening clothes separate from everything else. Never caused any issue with washer or dryer, but if she is afraid grease will be left in the washer you could always do an empty load after

I have washed some shop clothes that looked like I used them to soak up an oil and grease spill, wife washed her work clothes after with no problem

ohiofarmer

I think the washer in the garage is an excellent idea on many levels. Washer in the BARN is so much better than that, because the barn requires that your sweety will have to cross a gravel driveway to get there. Always taking out the garbage for her also encourages her to stay in the house as well.. Flotsam and jetsam close to the entrance door will discourage visits as well. When your buddies show up to the man zone that is your barn, realize that the washing machine [top load of course] makes an excellent ice chest and then there is no way that she will see beer in the fridge. When the ice melts, just spin that puppy dry.

On a more serious note, Arm and Hammer washing soda and some detergent will strip out that grease, and a used top load washing machine is so much better than the front load crap that thy sell today. The old top loads are better because they use more water to operate, and just like wheel horses will eventually become rare. Plus, the Arm and Hammer is an excellent media to do electrolysis with. It is no big deal to put an outside hot water faucet on the house to carry a few buckets of hot water to the barn. I did that because of complaints of dripping water on the floor when filling buckets in the bathtub

• Like 4

stevasaurus

What an excellent thread...my sides still hurt. :ROTF:  I don't have your problem Ed.  I don't wear socks.  I don't have an auto-matic dish washer...and we still have the same rock that we got when we got married to beat the clothes on.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

buckrancher

I can send her my work pants and shirts Ed she will forget all about your socks:blink:

• Like 5

Achto

Once told my wife that I was going to turn my old washer into a snow plow. She had no sense of humor when I handed her a shovel. :angry-nono:Don't suggest trying this at home. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, oliver2-44 said:

Ed 

From one hydro guy to another I think I'm seeing through this,,,,,,,The real problem is you no longer have access to the Hydraulic test lab where you used to wash your dirty sox in those hydro turbine test machines

PS many many years ago the old supervisor at the dams where I work was very frugal. He would put all the used rags and a rock in a croaker sack, tie a rope on it and throw it in the discharge . By the end of the shift they were clean,,,,,so many dam stories

Yes Jim, there are a lot of things I miss since retiring from the hydro business and not having access to the lab .... oh how I miss that 5axis CNC mill.

A few "dam" projects still give me nightmares though.      As you are aware, on rehab/replacement projects that required a model test I had to create or correct drawings of the existing 30-50 year old turbine before I could build a homologous model and do the development of the new equipment.

A few of those were;

Making templates of the discharge edges of a Francis Turbine that was the emergency power supply for a large nuclear powered steam plant.

I entered thru the draft tube door below the runner and worked on a floating platform with the understanding if there was a need for emergency power, all power and air lines would be cut and my crew would have 5 minutes to exit the draft tube before the man door was closed and the unit was watered up.    All  equipment , the platform, and any slow moving men would probably be found somewhere  downstream  during the next drought.

Then there was the three unit 1500' underground  P/T  project in Wales  That I had to deflate my chest to be small enough to slide through the 11" wide X 17" high stay vane opening to access the wicket gates and the turbine entrance edge.   Of course it was the center unit and the units on either side were starting and stopping several times a day. 

I put a lot of faith in a questionable lock out system as those units rumbled to life shaking the hole I was wedged into.  

And, I'll never forget my week in the  Kaplan machine that did not have working  head gates.  The badly leaking 12' high wicket gates were between me and the 40' high wall of water while I surveyed the semi spiral  in a spray of water that tasted and smelled like dead catfish and eels.

On most of these projects, my clothes were disposable so I didn't have a washer problem.      

You said it Jim.....dam stories,  but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

• Like 3

312Hydro

I like this thread! Not only do I now have washing solutions for my socks,I got to read some pretty good dam stories. Those are hair raisers.:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I may have found a way to keep the grass and sawdust off my socks while running chain saws and string trimmers.   

Might also keep these purdy legs from getting  scuffed up.

IMG_6008.JPG

• Like 3

rmaynard

When using the chain saw, don't mistake those 'purdy legs' for trees. :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , I am glad you found a solution to your problem ,but I am afraid that having that photo line you may get some unwanted comments from certain members.:)

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
On 6/30/2016 at 11:12 AM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ed , I am glad you found a solution to your problem ,but I am afraid that having that photo line you may get some unwanted comments from certain members.:)

Do you mean things like," When i was a child, I used to enjoy seeing things like faces and animals in the clouds. Now I can do the same thing again with Ed's knees"

• Like 1