CasualObserver

What's your distance to the show?

dells68

Not too bad for me 367 miles.  We'll probably leave around 2am Friday morning.  I've talked my wife into staying in our trailer Friday and a swanky place in Gettysburg Saturday night so we can see some of the historical sights while we're up there.  Will there be a place for me to park my ram and 6x12 enclosed trailer (aka camper) at the fairgrounds?

image.jpg

• Like 2

rmaynard
27 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Will there be a place for me to park my ram and 6x12 enclosed trailer (aka camper) at the fairgrounds?

Yep, plenty of room.

• Like 4

dclarke

Looks like 748 miles for me. 

• Like 7

rtfbg
6 hours ago, Racinbob said:

937 for me and worth every mile. @gulftane will be there and he is probably a tad further. :)

Google comes up with 968 but their routes are crap, they don't know the short cuts ... I'm figuring about 940, maybe less.

• Like 4

Racinbob

I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing that awesome D-200 :)

• Like 3

rtfbg
2 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing that awesome D-200 :)

Workin my ass off!!!  Finally got the mounts for the Trolley done today, install on trailer tomorow,  Still have 2 full days on it after the welder is done!!!  PLUS, today I saw an oil leak on the Beast, no idea what that is!!!    My old truck 435,000 mi on an 01 F150  is tired!!  I'm planning on leaving Monday eve, and driving at nite only, 

• Like 5

857 horse

Stafford Virginia,,,,Has Quantico,,Marine Corps Base,,,The FBI Academy,,,Minutes from the Potomac River...On a good Day..45 minutes from the steps of the Capitol of the planet,,,,,,

Now,,,,the fun part..!!!!  125 miles from the hi point of my summer...2 1/2 hours....

Now,,,,the not so great,,,,,,Sunday,,I test drove my little 401=8 speed thru the yard...found a small pot hole,,,Now i cant walk with a straight back...

pinched somthing....if this keeps up....well,,,,,,i dunno...Naproxen....and Hydro codon.....

Only 1 thing will keep me down......(you know what i mean)  and it aint happppnin...well no time soon

• Like 2

WHX??

Take a little blue pill 857....:lol:

• Like 3

roadapples
2 hours ago, WHX61/3 said:

Take a little blue pill 857....:lol:

That probably won`t help his back, but it might take his mind off of it...   :ROTF:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

turnnleft

560 miles, 12 hours if lucky in the WOOF

• Like 1

19richie66

970 for me ( next year) 15 hours if I drive, maybe 10 if I let the wife drive. :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 6

WHX??

Why don't all you FL guys rent a 18 wheeler and tractor pool it!?!?!:ychain:

Ooops..maybe all us midwest boys should do the same....swing by and pick up @stevasaurus  & some IN blokes along the way ...oh my what a crew...what a ride that would be! :lol:

• Like 5

jimt1971

147 miles 3 hours

• Like 2

ztnoo
10 hours ago, WHX61/3 said:

maybe all us midwest boys should do the same....swing by and pick up @stevasaurus  & some IN blokes along the way ...oh my what a crew...what a ride that would be! :lol:

Sounds like herding cats, or maybe being on a high school 50 year reunion committee of 13, with some members that have serious health issues, some that like to just sit, twiddle their thumbs, and contribute only a hair more than nada basking in the sun with the title of "Committee Member", some of whom only show up maybe 25% of the time to meetings, and some that want to do

everything the exactly same way they have always done things for the last 49 years because they have been around long enough to find the path of least resistance, not unlike electricity. I don't attempt to herd cats, but I am roped into the second scenario.   default_rolleyes.gif

I'm thinking I should have found someway to ante up and go to the Big Show instead......... but probably as a Lone Rider.

oQS0z9W.jpg

Probably missing lots of fun times and great people.

C'est la vie.

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

There's still time.  :unsure:

• Like 2

Barryg15

About 560 miles for us from South Carolina pulling the camper see yall there!

• Like 2

WHX??
14 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Sounds like herding cats

Not quite...herding goats ....yah.....:ROTF:

• Like 1

Zeek

I'm a low mile guy at 26 miles/35-40 minutes, BUT I have to make that 2x this year for an RV and Cargo trailer since wifey wants to stay . . . :auto-camptrailer:

Anyway, I have to applaud you guys that make the effort to come some great distances for this show :beer::greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 6

rjg854

Not all that far compared to some, 262 miles 

Wheel-N-It

355 miles and a good 6 plus hours of driving. The only part of the drive I don't care for is going around Washington DC.

rmaynard
2 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

355 miles and a good 6 plus hours of driving. The only part of the drive I don't care for is going around Washington DC.

I hear that...we drive to the Outer Banks every summer and it takes 7+ hours. :auto-swerve: If there was a way to skip DC/Northern VA, it would cut more than an hour from the trip.

• Like 1

RedHorse54

I have to travel 137 miles and travel 2 and a half hours. But thats nothing compared to all of you guys above. I leave at 3:30 AM Thursday and I'm usually the second one there. Very quiet and peaceful at the South Mountain Fair Grounds early in the morning.

• Like 1

Racinbob
1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

55 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I hear that...we drive to the Outer Banks every summer and it takes 7+ hours. :auto-swerve: If there was a way to skip DC/Northern VA, it would cut more than an hour from the trip.

Guys, I changed my route this year and planned on taking 495 around DC. Am I going to regret it? :auto-swerve:

953 nut
24 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

495 around DC.

For the last 20+ years that I lived in Florida I took I-95 to I-26 in South Carolina then I-77 to I-81 whenever I headed that way. The only heavy traffic you are likely to encounter is in Charlotte NC. It isn't a whole lot further, a lot more scenic and the majority of the time you can be on cruise control. 

• Like 2

Racinbob

That's what I did last year Richard. It is a nice drive and very little farther. I decided to go that way to minimize Maryland miles and I just now decided to change my mind and go that way this year as well. I had a hotel reservation just outside Richmond, VA and I just canceled it. I now have one in Troutville, VA. Between the two comments above and talking to the neighbor lady who just got back from Jersey. She said there was a ton of construction on 95 in VA. My mash pole sign will be a bit off now :wacko:

• Like 2