Sign in to follow this  
ironcitymadman

suburban 400 tires and rims ????'s

ironcitymadman

What is the correct size tires for a Suburban 400? I'm redoing one (pics in progress page) My rear tires are Firestone 12-5 Champion ground grip. The fronts where too rotted to read. Also what tread pattern was used. Last question are all rims white from the factory? I've seen black ones in pics. Thanks this site rocks!!!! :D I wish there was a Gravely site like this. :hide: After using this site I barely look at Yahoo forums.

linen beige

The original front tires were 4.80 X 4 X 8. They were supplied by Goodyear, B F goodrich and General in a "sawtooth" tread. Carlisle makes a close match that can be bought at Wally World for $20 a tire. You can probably find similar tires for less.

The rears were 6 X 12. They were supplied by the same makers and could have been either lug or "snow tire" looking turf treads. Close matches are pretty easy to find.

Look through the gallery pics of the RJs and early Suburbans to get a better idea of the tread styles.

The wheels were ivory, not white. Wheel horse later called the ivory "Linen Beige". Wonder how I knew that?