nickj21

Problems, HELP!!!

nickj21

Ran into some problems with my charger 12 resto. I redid all the wiring and now nothing happens when i turn the key over...i did one wire at a time making sure it was right..now somethings wrong and i cant figure out what..thanks for the help!! 

20160513_114628.jpg

squonk

Is there an ammeter? Everything goes thru that first. If it is shot, nothing will work. 

pfrederi

Time to get out the multimeter.  Do you have voltage at the B terminal on the switch?  Note be very careful testing, you really should use fully insulated connectors on the back of the switch. It would be easy to touch 2 terminals at once and if you have a breakeless ignition system you could fry some expensive parts.

Capture.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Racinbob

It's pretty hard to figure out what's wrong without seeing it. First, as Mike said, check the ammeter if it has one. Then, with a meter or test light take it one step at a time following the wiring diagram.  What year is the tractor so you are working off the correct diagram. :)

• Like 1

moe1965

Bad safety switch wold be my first place to start.     Start simple and go from there