Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Homesteader Tractor

T-Mo

I was browsing MTF :hide: and ran across a thread on the Homesteader Tractor Company, built in Clinton, Arkansas. Interesting tractor.

http://members.cox.net/homesteader/index.shtml

Anyone here ever see or possibly hear of these?

evanloock

Never see or heard of one before, but certainly a neat little tractor!

fritz

i havent seen one of those. but i have seen a homesteader that was very very little. the one i saw hada 6 hp briggs and stratton and i think it only had a single blade deck. i got a picture on my fone i will try to get one here. but the homesteader that im talking bout was alot smaller than a round hood.

sorry bored after finals.

devin

T-Mo

Devin,

I think the Homesteader you're referring to is from a different company, and not the Homesteader tractor here. I think Allis Chalmers had a little lawn tractor named Homesteader. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/homesteader.htm

Rollerman

Terry I caught that thread too over at MTF.

Pretty neat & basic tractor....reminds me of the Grand Haven Tractor from said town in MI.

pond195520032003

I have never saw one either :hide: and i have seen alot of different tractors :D

Dont even get me started :hide: :omg:

CasualObserver

Interesting. I'd heard the name before, but always associated it with the Simplicity tractor. Pretty crude looking tractor for the mid to late 70s. Be interesting to see a price list. Used Brinly attachments just like everybody else... I do like the two bottom plow setup pictured.

whlpny

I know of at least 2 collectors here in Mich that have the Homesteader with hoods. I have seen one of them used for pulling and they sure are tough!

fixitsmith

I have a nice homesteader tractor --purchased within the last month. It has a 10 hp tecumseh engine. Quite a little tractor with cultivators and a rear blade.

T-Mo

I have a nice homesteader tractor --purchased within the last month. It has a 10 hp tecumseh engine. Quite a little tractor with cultivators and a rear blade.

Please post some pictures of it - I still haven't seen one, even thought this thread is almost 2 years old.

multihobbyguy

My father had one and traded it to a guy in Topeka Kansas.

puddlejumper

I think there is one for sale on ebay right n0w under kohler 4 hp

Buzz

There was one, with hood, at our tractor show this weekend in NJ. Camera was in the truck and I was too lazy to go get it. :) Owned by a guy named Dan who does most of the shows in the SE PA area with his brother-in-law George. Next time I bump in to him I'll get a picture.

fixitsmith

Would like to add a picture or two, but have not been able to upload one to the site. :thumbs: javascript:emoticon(':)') remakerit@yahoo.com