JVDWheelHorse

May have found the one!

AlwaysLookin80

I payed 450.00 for mine, it runs great. I'd start at 350 and I assumed he would start at 500 and you guys meet some where In the 450.00 range. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Amcwheel85
32 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:  @prondzy has a fine looking 701 listed in the "Big Show 2016" thread that he will deliver to the show for $350, check it out.  Page 6, Post # 137

:text-yeahthat: I bought my 753 for $350 even tho it's not original as far as the paint goes it needed nothing. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 4

TDF5G

I don't like the "best offer" way of selling things either.  And I don't like to put a price on someone else's item.  If you 're gonna sell something then tell me what you want for it.  If I want it, then I'll tell you what I'll give ya for it and we'll go from there. 

If something is advertised with no price, that means it's gonna be too dadgum high.  At least that has always been my experience.  I like the RS Classified rule that there has to be a price.  I wish that rule was in place for all classified ads and internet sales.

What you offer for something will depend on how bad you want it own it too IMO.  I've over paid a time or two for something because I wanted it.  I'll pay a little more for convenience too.  If something is right there in the flesh and I can haul it home right then, then I'm apt to pay up a little more instead of messing around with running back to the bank for more cash or going back for a trailer or messing with shipping an item.  

But for "extra" stuff (things I don't really need) that I run across, then I don't pay up for it.  I'll buy something like that just mostly on speculation or to flip if I think I can resell it, if I can get it for cheap.   These type of things don't pop up very often.  You just stumble upon them.  

My advice to you on the 702 is go look at it with cash in your pocket and decide what it's really worth to you and make an offer.  He's already turned down $350 (I think it was) so maybe offer $400 if it's a good tractor and go from there.  If you can't buy it at a reasonable price then walk away.  There are other horses out there.  Good luck to you!

:)

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Guys, this is about what the 702 is worth...not what you have bought a horse for at some point.  I paid $5 for 6 tickets at the Big show in 2010 and they called my name for my B-100.  It is worth more then that.  :)

2013_0503c0001.JPG

• Like 5

Amcwheel85

I think we are just giving him a ballpark on what other ppl paid for similar tractors! That is helpful and yes it is still up to him what he wants to pay. But nothing wrong with showing him the tractors we got and what we paid. I would find it helpful if I was in his shoes...

• Like 5

TDF5G

I'm trying to offer advice on buying and dealing with sellers.  I feel like the others here are also.  What someone else actually paid for a tractor is a very accurate price guide IMO. 

I'm gonna go to bat for WheelHorseKid here.   Ain't any of you guys up in the PA area got a tractor you can sell to this young man on his budget?   And get him started at collecting :wh:?

He's going to the Big Show and I know many of you are.  I hope someone can bring a tractor he can buy from you.

I'm just too far away to help out like this or I certainly would.  I'd fix him up right quick. 

Todd

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 7

stevasaurus
16 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

I think we are just giving him a ballpark on what other ppl paid for similar tractors! That is helpful and yes it is still up to him what he wants to pay. But nothing wrong with showing him the tractors we got and what we paid. I would find it helpful if I was in his shoes...

That is all fine and good, but it is apples and oranges.  Your 753 is not a 702 that is all original and not re-painted, no rust and a great patina.  An original RJ58 is going to be more then a restored one...and more then a 401.  That is what I am trying to say.  :)

• Like 5

RedRanger

Bottom line is that tractor in question is worth $400-$600 all day long as it sits with the mower, original paint, tires, engine, and complete....assuming it has no engine issues.

Why do some wish to lowball values when they wouldn't sell the tractor that cheap if it were theirs?

• Like 7

WHX??
1 hour ago, TDF5G said:

I don't like the "best offer" way of selling things either

Ya .... I gotta bridge in AZ...& I'll  let you have it for a 100 bucks ...unless I get a better offer...hang on let me answer this call....  That's another reason I don't think the guy is a member here, not 100% sure but I don't think any of the members here would do it that way.

• Like 5

AlwaysLookin80

When he first put this up he didn't state if it ran or not. Judging by the dust and half the time that I bought a old dusty tractor I couldn't hear it run because of a dead battery or gunked up carb or bad gas from sitting. With that assumption I would only pay 350 not knowing trans or engine condition. If that was my tractor and I haven't had it running and could not get it to run for a potential buyer, I would have to understand a 350.00 offer. He asked for opinions about the situation and he recived them. We all don't have to agree on our opinions.  And as far as 200.00, the only tractors I ever purchased for that amount where projects missing some parts. Let's remember that we are here for the hobby and to share the hobby among eachother. I hope my info was helpful and I wish him good luck on closing the deal for this tractor If he really wants it. 

• Like 4

AMC RULES
1 hour ago, WHX61/3 said:

Ya .... I gotta bridge in AZ...& I'll  let you have it for a 100 bucks ...unless I get a better offer...hang on let me answer this call....  That's another reason I don't think the guy is a member here, not 100% sure but I don't think any of the members here would do it that way.

:rolleyes: You might be suprised...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Seems like a good deal...seller here. 

• Like 4

ACman
16 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Seems like a good deal...seller here. 

Someone on the west is of the state coming to the show with some room , bring it for the kid ?

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:  Stranger things have happened.  :popcorn:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

Amcwheel85

If he finds anything between me and the show I would prolly stop and pick it up for him... Of course may need alil notice cuz I don't know if I should take the trailer or not... Lol

• Like 3

AMC RULES

See that...   :clap:

the power of the :rs:is truly amazing. 

• Like 3

SPINJIM
4 hours ago, TDF5G said:

'm gonna go to bat for WheelHorseKid here.   Ain't any of you guys up in the PA area got a tractor you can sell to this young man on his budget?   And get him started at collecting :wh:?

He's going to the Big Show and I know many of you are.  I hope someone can bring a tractor he can buy from you.

I'm just too far away to help out like this or I certainly would.  I'd fix him up right quick. 

I sent him a personal message ref a couple of project WHs that I have, and I'm only about five miles from him.  But my "projects" are far from running tractors, so I'm hoping he can get the 702.

JIM

• Like 6

WHX??
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: You might be suprised...

We find out who it is we is gonna drum him out then....EVERY 16 yo kid should have a horse and I'll make no excuse for my fatherly attitude!:lol:

TDF5G & Spin Jim you the men.

• Like 4

TDF5G
26 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

I sent him a personal message ref a couple of project WHs that I have, and I'm only about five miles from him.  But my "projects" are far from running tractors, so I'm hoping he can get the 702.

JIM

10 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

We find out who it is we is gonna drum him out then....EVERY 16 yo kid should have a horse and I'll make no excuse for my fatherly attitude!:lol:

TDF5G & Spin Jim you the men.

Kudos to you fellas!  If there's anything I can do from a distance, let me know!

• Like 1

JVDWheelHorse

Thank you so much guys! I haven't been chiming in because I haven't received any notifications for this thread! I am very thankful for all of you're opinions and offers to help me Out on bringing stuff to the big show for me and offering to sell me some horses real cheap to get me started! Jim has offered me a 1276 for a really fair price and I think I'm gonna try and get it, I am really impressed with how willing you guys are to help a kid out trying to get started in this hobby and I appreciate it! I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on and now I will monitor this thread closer :wh::text-thankyoublue: :woohoo:

• Like 4

Amcwheel85

Good for you! Be sure to let us know if you get it! 

• Like 2

JVDWheelHorse
1 hour ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Good for you! Be sure to let us know if you get it! 

Sure thing!

• Like 2

JVDWheelHorse
On June 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:  @prondzy has a fine looking 701 listed in the "Big Show 2016" thread that he will deliver to the show for $350, check it out.  Page 6, Post # 137

Just messaged him about it! Thanks!

• Like 3

TDF5G

Someone will come through with a tractor for you I'm sure.  There are a great bunch of folks here!  Red Square is the best forum ever!  

I'm wishing you the best in you :wh: hunt.  

• Like 3

JVDWheelHorse
6 hours ago, TDF5G said:

Someone will come through with a tractor for you I'm sure.  There are a great bunch of folks here!  Red Square is the best forum ever!  

I'm wishing you the best in you :wh: hunt.  

Yeah im sure I will and I am loving the forum and the members here! Very glad I could join! Thanks :wh:

• Like 2