Ed Kennell

Windows 10

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, rick said:

I have yet to change to Windows 10, in fact I may go to Apple. I know when I upgrade to a smartphone it will be an I phone.

I've been a Mac guy since 91. I make my living fixing Windows, but for pleasure, I use Mac OS. :)

• Like 3

ohiofarmer

When mine started up, The 10 was running. The thing is,it was giving me prompts on that blue screen of death with no where else to go. Because of the fact that i always shut off my internet connection when not using the computer, Mr Gates and his pirate ship had no water to float in and no way to finish installing it. So I guess that while you are just trying to get your computer to start up, you are pushing buttons that give him permission to finish the install.. All this tells me that the stealth install happens wile you are hooked to the internet, and the 'Finish install" stuff happens at the next start up. Defeat them by always starting your computer with an unplugged internet. If you forget and windows 10 starts up all is not lost, Physically unplug the internet cable from your computer and also unplug the power source forcing a hard shutdown The next time you start up, you will be back to your old system.

I am dumber than a box of hammers with computers, but discovered this by accident.

What has a lot of people upset is that some of your previously purchased software will not work on Windows 10, and some business users have suffered losses because of that. That is a real sneaky way to get people to buy new software