scraper

314 hourmeter and voltmeter stopped working!!

scraper

My 93 314 hourmeter and voltmeter stopped working. I checked the fuses and they seem to be O.K. The electrical system is my least knowledgable area for repair. Where do I begin to troubleshoot?

SylvanLakeWH

Start with verifying all the connections are sound. Clean them all and see if that does it. I have had luck with that simple advice in the past...

gwest_ca

One of these may help

314-8

314-H

Garry

squonk

Check to make sure you are actually getting power to each. Looks like they share the same fuse. A fuse may look good but it doesn't mean your getting power from it.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Voltage regulator? I know it's a Kohler but that's what's usually wrong when they don't work on the Onan powered machines or just simply a loose/ corroded connection there abouts,Jeff.

Racinbob
51 minutes ago, squonk said:

Check to make sure you are actually getting power to each. Looks like they share the same fuse. A fuse may look good but it doesn't mean your getting power from it.

Definitely the first thing to do. Don't rewire the house when it's just a burnt out light bulb. If that's good make sure the ground is good and then, following the diagram, test it one step at a time. With the key in the run position power at the switch, the load side of the fuse, the terminal strip etc. until you find where the power is lost. :)

• Like 1