Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Wheel Horse Decals

Michael Bullington

I know there is nothing that can be done about this, but Im going to give my 2 cents on this anyway....but I not to thrilled to see these types of decals being sold on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:AAQ:US:1123

Notice fits many makes and models. :D

To me the original serial number should stay with the tractor is was produced on....if it has been destroyed,,,then it should be left blank....Now someone will purchase this label and use it on a 64 model and everyone will be scratching their heads trying to figure out what is going on :hide: ..Im painting around my original stickers on all my tractors, the new label looks good, but I dont like the ideal 20 tractors running around with the same number :hide:

What a mess for the future of serial numbers!!!

Oh well just had to get that out!!

Preserve the horse...dont try to reproduce them!!

kpinnc

Can't speak for that seller Michael, but Terry Dennis (vinylguy52) reproduces decals with your correct serial numbers on them on request.

And his work is beautiful. You won't find better decals anywhere.

Kevin

sorekiwi

I see your point, Michael.

Terry has just made 2 of these for me (havent recieved them yet). I asked him to print my serials on them and he has managed to even duplicate the uneven printing on the factory decals.

The decal on my 502 wasnt bad, but the one on my Ranger was really ugly -

IMG_1833.jpg

so I will replace both with decals from Terry. But I will preserve the origonals, and if either of those tractors go away, the origonal decal will go with it. Thats about the best I can do to preserve the origonality of my tractor, while trying to pretty it up a bit. If I were to build up a "bitza" tractor, I would either use no decal at all, or I would put one with no number on it.

Of course I am not a purist "Nazi" either- If I can repair a tractor by putting a couple brass bushes in the front axle, for example, I will, and I'll look at it as an improvement. But I wont mislead anyone by deliberately forging a serial number...

Just my .02c...

Michael Bullington

I emailed the seller and he replied all decals come with the same serial numbers over and over...I hope all restorers take the trouble to have the real serial numbers redone and sorekiwi had a great ideal by keeping the original if possilbe. I know to some this is not a big deal to the average joe, but these numbers do help identify tractors when all else fails.

Have a Good Thursday!! :banana: :banana:

WheelHorse_of_course

If your serial number has been modified you will no longer be eligable for waranty service :D:hide:

:omg: :hide:

Coadster32

If your serial number has been modified you will no longer be eligable for waranty service

I knew Wheelhorses were solid, but a 50 year warrenty?? :hide:

ol550