Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Snow pics with tractors

Sparky

Hey guys. Got about 6" of heavy snow today. Heres a couple shots from the seat. My plow tractor is an "83" C-125 auto and the blower tractor is an "87" 418-A. My son was plowin as well with his "82"C-85.

Mike.......

Winter012.jpg

Winter003.jpg

Winter010.jpg

T-Mo

I was wondering when we were going to see some snow removal pictures. Looks like your son has the edge on you in this race.... :D

nylyon

That last picture is a keeper! So... how'd the 418 do?

Sparky

Well as you know the C-125 auto would really choke on the deep snow runnin the blower and tranny. This type of snow, heavy and dense, is the perfect way to stress test a tractor/blower. I hit the deep stuff slowly at first and then began to speed it up some and the 418-A just loved it! It keeps the auger speed up all the time so the snow is gettin chucked the maximum distance. When the C-125 would loose engine speed I would loose auger speed as well and sometimes it would be throwin snow only 3 feet from the tractor. With a 25' wide driveway thats counter productive......know what I mean Vern :D . So the 418's a keeper :P!!!!

Mike.....

PS. Thanks Jack for the opportunity to purchase this tractor...and no ya cant have 'er back :(

MaineDad

Nice pics. Heavy wet snow is always a great challenge but it sounds like your herd handled it well.

Were getting over a foot of snow today with 30 MPH winds. Think I'll be snow covered from head to toe tonight while I'm blowing snow? Another foot plus on Friday is now expected too :D

Rollerman

Mike looks like you & your son had a good time on the tractors today! :D

Great pics too...looking forward to seeing your new one chucking snow with the blower.