new horse

520 H

new horse

I have a question for you guys, I have a 1988 520-H and like it, but not crazy about the small 42 in mowing deck, my question is, what is the largest deck that was available/will fit a 520 that does not have the swept front axle?

cheesegrader

48" is the largest deck that will fit on a non-swept axle 520.

• Like 2

cleat

And it may not seem like much more but the 48" deck really is a lot larger and will cut down on your mowing time.

I have all 3 sizes and the 42 is good for trim and edging but the 48 and 60 both really get my mowing done in similar time.

• Like 1

new horse

I absolutely need to find a good 48in deck, the 42 that came with my tractor has been patched up and not very good, ( lots of black undercoating to cover up the crappy welding) and the mower height adjusting gauge and lever are both missing. but with new blades and belt it does cut well. There is a big antique farm/garden tractor show and swap near me in July, I'm hoping to find a nice deck there with the correct under carriage for a 520. 

I&I Antique Tractor and Gas Engine Club Historic Farm Days
Penfield, IL
07/07/2016

Tankman

The 48" SD deck mounted under your 520-H will mow quickly, effortlessly. A great setup! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

new horse

now I just need to find one!! hopefully around east/central ILLINOIS,  theres a couple of tractor show/swaps comming up, hopefully I'll be lucky!!

• Like 1