DougC

These Things Will Kill Ya..........

DougC

My youngest son let one of his friends move into his house as a "house sitter" last year while he was gone for a few months. His responsibilities included:

1. Living there for FREE.

2. Mowing the grass.

3. :beer: it would seem....:angry-banghead:

So, He was able to live there for free and drink beer. However the excuse for not mowing was the brand new Sears pushmower would not start. Go figure...

I picked it up and took it back to my garage and repaired a spark plug wire that was torn from the boot and retainer clip that goes to the spark plug. Now have spark... No start.

Fuel tank and carb full of water. most likely because the mower and gas can were sitting outside in the rain and the cans caps were not on the can....:angry-cussingblack:

WOW.... THIS GUY....:angry-screaming:   

I dumped the water out of the gas tank, filled with fresh gas. and pulled the starter rope more than a few times. Time to remove the air filter and spray carb cleaner down the bore. 

Well after nursing the poor thing along running on carb cleaner enough gasoline was finally able to get into the carb bowl and it ran on its's own. Just barely.....

Here is a picture of what tried to kill me. However Red Square Forum does not allow pictures of dead bodies even if they are of house sitters......  

100_1432.JPG

• Like 3

stevasaurus

WOW...that is a Briggs...they run on water in the gas.  Maybe it was beer in the tank??  :)

• Like 3

WHX??

No Charge for letting you vent on this one Doug.... at least it was RED!!

• Like 1

squonk

At least the carb was still attached and all the bolts that hold the motor to the deck hadn't fallen out! :orcs-cheers:

I lent out an old push mower to a neighbor to borrow for a few weeks years ago. She calls and says it won't start. I go over and the carb is laying on the deck and the motor spins around (or at least tries to! :)) when you pull the cord!

OF COURSE IT'S TECKY POWERED!!!!! :violence-blades::violence-blades:

• Like 2

tunahead72

This may help...