Sign in to follow this  
Knuckledragger

New fella, old tractor

Knuckledragger

Learned of this site from another tractor site. Teddy da Bear told me about it. Lots of neat stuff here, also!

My freebie is a work in progress, as though I really need another project. Ive yet to finish my fat tired mini bike and I have already pilfered the engine from that project and put in my L156, which came to me with a blown engine and 3 flat tires.

Anyway, I see I've got a lot of reading to do so I thought I'd drop a line and say HOWDY!

HorseFixer

:hide: knuckledragger!

pond195520032003

:hide: and if you get a chance :D

bell

:hide: and definately :D :hide:

TT

:hide:

I'm not sure who opened the gates and let all these Lawn Rangers loose, but there certainly seems to be a bunch of them showing up lately. :hide:

Keep us posted on your progress! :D

Knuckledragger

:hide:

I'm not sure who opened the gates and let all these Lawn Rangers loose, but there certainly seems to be a bunch of them showing up lately. :hide:

Keep us posted on your progress! :D

Well, it was sitting in my buddy's uncle's back yard. It needed a home and the price was right. I like cheap, I like free even better.

It's my first tractor, I'm gonna have fun with it and see what happens.

I asked this question on another site......Anyone try to use a Torq A Verter on a tractor?

TT

I have never used one personally, but have seen them on a few. The majority of them were also converted to a chain drive live axle and had no reverse. (and would do about 65mph!)

I guess you could keep the transaxle, but you'd be limited in pulling ability because of belt slippage. (which is irrelevant if you just want something to ride around on.)

stevinator

:D Welcome and when you post pics sometime we want to see the mini bike too. Or at least I do. :hide:

T-Mo

:hide: I'm glad Mike sent you here. It's good to have you here. And, as always :omg: In the meantime, pull up a chair to the of confuser and read away. Just bring plenty of :hide: and :D :omg:

Teddy da Bear

Teddy da Bear told me about it.
Your not suppose to point fingers!!! :omg::hide:

I like cheap, I like free even better.
:omg: he's another Kelly! :D

I think Lawn Ranger was the most prolific (sp.?) model that wheel horse had. I am not going by each years production numbers, but total number over all the years made.

Seriously :hide: Glad you found it ok. :horseplay:

Duff

:D , knuckledragger! You'll come to find this place is a secopnd home!

Duff :hide:

WheelHorse_of_course

Welcome

:D :hide:

Coadster32

:hide: Addiction is right around the corner! Beleive it or not, you can actually learn alot of stuff here, and laugh harder just as well. Enjoy. :D

Knuckledragger

:D Welcome and when you post pics sometime we want to see the mini bike too. Or at least I do. :hide:

The fat tire craigslist special........

ray_penny180.jpg

Mini bike and darn near everything I put on it including the engine came from craigslist. Chassis from one fella, engine from another, and yet a third fella sold me a junker motorcycle so I could have a disc brake and a throttle control.

I took the frame from the junker, cut it up and inverted it. It will be a mini trike when it's done.

ray_penny175.jpg

ray_penny178.jpg

Knuckledragger

Uh oh, I now see where that last post should have gone..... :hide:

Coadster32

That is some cool project. A+ for this semester. :hide: