Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Sears Hydro

Michael Bullington

Hey guys,

my friend has a sear hydro that is bogging the engine and opening the governers when the level is moved forward or in reverse...Any Ideal what the problem is and what would it take to fix it.. :hide:

thanks

linen beige

Trade it for a Wheel Horse.

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

Rod(NASNUT)

Trade it for a Wheel Horse.

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

Now that is a shame someone asked for help and you give him a smart response like that :hide:

Rollerman

Michael.....more information would be real helpfull here.

Honestly even with better info I don't know it I could help you, but maybe someone else could?

linen beige

Is the tranny pulling at all or is it locked up? Can it be pushed with the tow valve open (If it has one)?

Michael Bullington

yes the tranny is pulling ..it will move forward and reverse it just pulls the governor open and acts like its pulling a heavy load....and yes with the tow valve open it pushes okay...

sorry for the lack of information ...I talk more with him on the subject...Ive never owned a hydro so Im at a complete loss :imstupid:

linen beige

I'm not really up on the hydros but maybe a dirty filter? Or too thick oil or fluid? Silly question, is there a brake and is it on? Any noises like maybe a binding axle bearing?

MaineDad

Some of those newer sears hydros are not serviceable. It may need to be replaced.

Michael Bullington

okay, he thinks its about a 1970 model tractor, ..it has no type of brake on the hydro ...no filter to be seen,,,

we may tear into it when it warms up ..he thinks the valves may be sticking on the inside????

Thanks

Michael

pond195520032003

Michael, if its a 1970 :D here are the list of sears hydro's for the 70's!

1968 Hydro-Trac 12 917.25300

1969 Hydro-Trac 12 917.25500

&

1970 Hydro-Trac 12 917.25501

1971 Hydro-Trac 14 917.25600

these have an internal filter and also a sunstrand hydrogear like wheel horse and others! also the I.D. Tag is either in front of the seat on the frame, or behind the seat near the tail light! :omg:

1978 Hydro 18 917.257070

the I.D. Tag should be on the front of the shield between the battery and engine! this one has an oil filter on top of the frame in front of the seat! the drive belt might be hanging up :party: or low on fluid :hide: remove the plate that the tail light is mounted to and you will see a plug :D remove it and add oil there! i have several sears tractors and parts :hide: been collecting them for a long time :party: :omg: