onesweetcaprice

Close to Home 1966' 1276

Sparky

So how bad is your view obstructed by the motor? 

Maybe I missed something in this thread but that tractor is not a 1276.

Mike......

onesweetcaprice
1 hour ago, ericj said:

106637 48" 3 blade set

eric j

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Sparky said:

So how bad is your view obstructed by the motor? 

Maybe I missed something in this thread but that tractor is not a 1276.

Mike......

It's actually not bad at all. Pictures make it look a whole lot taller than it really is. The air cleaner/radiator is really the only thing higher than the old hood line. And as far as the 1276, I used wheel horse's a lot as a kid, but am just now getting back into them. I realize now that the tractor is an early 70's model (and there for not a 1276), but at the time of posting I was going by what the previous owner told me. I still am really unsure of what model it actually is. And the vin/model plate numbers have been all but worthless in my searches.... model "1-0465-3". 48" deck, electric clutch (converted to manual now), auto trans. But that info still leaves a lot of possibilities as far as what it could be. Any info would be greatly appriciated!

Sparky

Here ya go.......

1-0465 1973 Lawn & Garden Tractor 12 HP Automatic Kohler K301S-47421D 12 Sundstrand 90-1136

Mike.....

• Like 2

onesweetcaprice

Would that make it an "Auto 12" then? All the decals have been long since ripped off. And are there just not a whole lot of 1-0465's around? I've tried googling that before with very little information coming up. 

Sparky
44 minutes ago, onesweetcaprice said:

Would that make it an "Auto 12" then? All the decals have been long since ripped off. And are there just not a whole lot of 1-0465's around? I've tried googling that before with very little information coming up. 

Yes it would.

Mike....

onesweetcaprice

Just out burning off some of the header paint.

20160520_194422.jpg

onesweetcaprice

20160520_194650.jpg

onesweetcaprice

Tried searching the forum, no luck.... are there any options for a larger engine pulley while retaining the same PTO set up? The new kawasaki has a lower max RPM than the kohler. Still mows great but "top speed" while going across my property is dismal at best, I would describe it as a mildly fast normal mowing speed.

ericj

the hydro's used a bigger pulley then the 8 sp tractors. I swapped an 18 hp onan off a 518 onto a 416-8 and it runs pretty fast.

eric j

onesweetcaprice

Finally found the dealer decal on my tractor from my old neighbors shop :) (not that it was even kind of hidden lol) pretty damned excited about it. I known was told thats where the tractor came from, but it's great to see some proof. Does anyone remake these dealert decals? I've never seen any on the usual wheel horse decal sites.

20160613_191746.jpg

• Like 2