Sign in to follow this  
oldandred

2009 WHCC show

oldandred

Well it about time I get going on my show tractors now only having a couple of tractors only kidding Im goint to try to get the two 754s ready so the other two want feel lonely this year and the Gt 14 ready engine is off due to a noise I dont like.

The way I see it things will get striped down and primed and some will come up to take my time and at the last min they will get done even if i have to job out the painting because of time.

And the next thing it will be the middle of june and all heck breakes out.

TJ

I've never been to a Wheel Horse gathering but I would like to attend this year.

Has the date and location been published yet?

:hide:

TT

Should be the weekend after Father's Day - as always.

Location is the South Mountain Fairgrounds near Arendtsville, PA (close to Gettysburg) - as always.

(This is the WHCC show - which is the only official "Wheel Horse only" show in the WORLD.)

GlenPettit

The weekend after fathers day is June 26, 27, 28th is this the correct weekend for the Wheel Horse Show?

Buzz

The Show is Friday and Saturday June 26 & 27 although a lot of us arrive on Thursday. If you want to get directions from Map Quest use this address:

615 Narrows Rd, Biglerville PA 17307-9519

If you want to see what the fairgrounds look like WITHOUT Wheel Horses :hide: try the following link. Put in the address, click on "get map" and then click on "Birdseye view"

http://www.yellowpages.com/maps

TJ

Thanks for the information - as always.

oldandred

And its held rain or shine it doesnt matter lots of open barns

but there one thing you need to look out for lugnuts some there likes them and they will be missing for time to time

Suburban 550

Buzz, is June 26 & 27 the confirmed date for the big show? I have to start planning now, so I know when to put in for vacation time.

oldandred

Thats the date its always the weekend after fathers day

Butch

Which is the best day to go on if you're a day tripper?

Buzz

Which is the best day to go on if you're a day tripper?

I'd say Friday, there is something going on from 8am until after the sun goes down. Plan on staying as late as you can so you can see "cruising to the oldies" :hide:

BPjunk

Buzz, is June 26 & 27 the confirmed date for the big show? I have to start planning now, so I know when to put in for vacation time.

The 11th Annual Wheel Horse Show will be held on June 26 and 27, 2009. These dates are a Friday and Saturday. The South Mountian Fairgrounds opens for setting up at 9:00am on Thursday the 25th.

Stay tuned to the internet from January 1st till June 24th for show information ... I will be coming out with inofmation very soon. :hide::D :horseplay: :banana: :hide::omg::omg:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Suburban 550

Thanks Bill. Now I know when to plan my vacation. :hide:

noncritical

hi im new here never been to a show like this will there be parts and things like that for sale or is it just a show thanks guys

Buzz

hi im new here never been to a show like this will there be parts and things like that for sale or is it just a show thanks guys

There will be everything from gear shift knobs to complete tractors of every size and shape. As long as it's Wheel Horse, and only Wheel Horse, it will be there. Hope you can make it.

kpinnc

Little bit of everything. Shows, parades, stuff for sale. More Wheel Horses than you'll ever see together anywhere else. I think the grand total in 2008 was around 700 tractors. It's a great time.

Kevin

Suburban 550

Noncritical, Like Kevin said it's a great time. For all the people who have never attended, Bill Pearson and the Wheel Horse Collectors Club staff put on one heck of a show. 2008 show was my first and you could guarantee I'll be back in 2009.

Michael Bullington

Wow I really want to get to this show! I hope it works out okay...Does anyone know if cecil is planning to come back again? :hide:

Anyway I heard someone there has a tecumseh with unlimited RPM ...thought Id bring my 654 with a secret weapon under the hood and see what that tecumseh can do :hide: :D

Brrly1

Hello Kevin I just recieved my first Wheel Horse Collector's club flier. I acutally states that we had 800 Horses there. Burly

kpinnc

Hello Kevin I just recieved my first Wheel Horse Collector's club flier. I acutally states that we had 800 Horses there. Burly

Thanks John!

Kevin

CasualObserver

Does anyone know if cecil is planning to come back again? :hide:

As of last year's report, Mr. Pond was not going to be attending more shows, 2008 would be his last..... but...... who knows? Perhaps he'll squeeze in one or two more as long as health holds out for being able to travel. Personally I think it would be kinda neat to see a picture of him in the middle of a field of tractors with as many different models as possible.

Guest fireman

I have already taken the days off from work I need to go. The wife and kids are coming and we're pulling our camper with us. That means i'm only coming with one tractor. I wonder which one I'll have ready by then :hide: .