Sign in to follow this  
Duff

So I went and did it....

Duff

Hi, guys!

Well, 5 hours and 260 miles later, my 312-8 now has a brother. :horseplay:

A fellow RS member set me up with an '88 312-8 and a parts tractor of the same vintage for a very decent price. Love this place! :hide:

Between the two machines and with a winter's worth of shop time ahead of me I foresee another solid working tractor come spring. The machine in my Avatar will continue as my mowing tractor, and the "new" addition will be doing plowing and towing duty along with any other crazy ideas I may hatch as time goes by. :hide::omg::D

Oh - the really good news? My wife gave it to me for Christmas! :D

Life is GOOD! :banana:

Happy Holidays to all!

Duff :omg:

PS - photos to follow!

Sparky

So Duff....you just went from one tractor to three tractors in a single day?

HEHE, you got the bug bad now :hide: .

Good score on the tractors.

Mike......

Duff

So Duff....you just went from one tractor to three tractors in a single day?

HEHE, you got the bug bad now :hide: .

Good score on the tractors.

Mike......

Gotta be honest with ya, Mike - two and a half tractors....the "third" one has no tranny or wheels...YET!!!! :D

Yeah, I've got the bug! :horseplay:

Thanks!

Duff :hide:

baerpath

I saw those when I was out there loading up Duff Not in to bad of shape. Deffinitly fixable. Give a shout if you need any parts I have a parts 312-8 also

Duane

Horse Fanatic

Kudo's for having an understanding wife!

Duff

I saw those when I was out there loading up Duff Not in to bad of shape. Deffinitly fixable. Give a shout if you need any parts I have a parts 312-8 also

Duane

Thanks, Duane! I may well be in touch! :D

So YOU were the mystery member of RS who was shopping the tractors! Ah ha! :hide:

Our friend didn't mention names and I didn't ask, but he did say you took a look at the 312-8's. :omg:

I've got my fingers crossed that the locked up tranny on the complete tractor of the two is just some ice inside the case from having sat outside for so long. We had to skid it onto my trailer with a winch, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get it off alone. On the bright side, it's supposed to get up to 40 degrees here Monday and that should (?) tell me if it's just ice or something more serious. :omg:

Cheers!

Duff :hide:

HorseFixer

Good job Duff! Sure helps to have a great wife doesn't it! :hide: Wouldn't trade mine for the world! :D

kpinnc

I've got my fingers crossed that the locked up tranny on the complete tractor of the two is just some ice inside the case from having sat outside for so long.

Check the brake band too Duff. I've seen them rust to the hub when they sit too long.

Congrats, and good luck!

Kevin