ericjr16

Picked up our C-85 today.

ericjr16

Well went to get my Wheel horse. As stated by PO it fired with help of jumpbox! Sure runs smooth! Fuel line from pump to carb was leaking badly, so only ran it as long as needed to get to truck. Tried to drive it onto truck ramps, deck too low. Love this set up for deck removal!! Very cool! Got her loaded and only saw some body damage on rear fender Alignment was also way off, caused ramps to move a lot on way up. All in all a nice machine! Looks like according to id badge it is 1981 right? Looks like it was dealer serviced. New fuel pump it looks like, belts look ok as does deck!

DSCN3816.jpg

DSCN3805.jpgDSCN3818.jpgDSCN3817.jpgDSCN3808.jpg

Not sure on how the posting works for photos so sorry for poor layout! We adjusted the toe so now it moves better! Drives good but the smell of mouse nest kept me from running long time! Might not have one, did not see hay? Will take tins off tomorrow and plan to wash it and detail it. I was a auto detailer long time ago and still am anal with my cars. Plan on possible buff to paint if it needs one. Videos are uploading now!

• Like 9

ericjr16

One video is up!

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

I really like your lift ,best way to work on a horse . Nice looking Tractor. I think the deck needs a little cleaning :ROTF:

• Like 2

ericjr16

elcamino whole tractor is dirty! :)

Best thing we ever did is the lift! It is for automotive, I was a Auto tech in early '90's. Both our backs aren't great so we bought this for cars and it happened to work great as a drive on lift for tractors. We flip as a hobby to spend time together and for dad to have "retirement" job!

Lift makes unloading tractors easy from bed of truck! Just roll them off like dock!

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice and I like that lift also!!

ericjr16

Thank you Wishin4a! It works great for a quick look over after unloading! Dad hits every moving part with WD to get things lubed before we go down to move tractor!

ericjr16

Video number two is up!

gwest_ca

Model year is 1980

Garry

ericjr16

Thanks gwest!

ericjr16

Well today was busy day! Worked on this and another tractor. We finally got to the Wheel Horse after it warmed up this morning. Took engine tin off and no nest or history of one! Was dirty but good condition! Pressure washed every thing and was impressed in how clean machine is! Used rotary buffer on paint, black might need re coating in future. The black scrapes on left rear fender dad removed with thinner and care! I buffed the area and it cleaned up very nicely! Dad touched up worse of the scrapes in red paint with touch up on brush. Mainly for anti rust! Lubed everything and installed the deck and mule drive! Mowed a little with it and seemed to do well. Needs new set of blades. We even repaired the horns!! They work and found rusty fuse holder and replaced it with modern holder, so headlights function as well!! Very happy with the tractor!

Engine with tin removed before pressure wash.

DSCN3821.jpg

DSCN3820.jpg

After detailing and rotary buff and polish, then wax!

DSCN3840.jpg

DSCN3839.jpg

DSCN3838.jpg

DSCN3835.jpg

DSCN3837.jpg

DSCN3834.jpg

Next to the Toro we are selling.

DSCN3822.jpg

Edited by ericjr16
  • Like 8

Tankman

Nice find and looks great after your elbow grease clean up! Great save!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Welcome to the "C" Club...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ericjr16

Thank you guys! Video of it is just about loaded. We even have some horn action! :) LOL

• Like 1

Ken B

That cleaned up real nice!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice job...       :text-coolphotos:

that shouldn't take long to flip. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

ericjr16   Looks great for $150 it was a steel now you can a least double your $$$`s if you the cash. She clean up nicely. Enjoy

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 1

clueless

And it has the rare dual horn option:handgestures-thumbupright:.

• Like 2

TDF5G

She's a lookin' great there fellas!  A new seat and some front hubcaps will make her look perfect.

According to the Master Model List it's 1981.

01-08K802 1981 C Series Garden Tractor C-81 8-Speed Kohler K181S-30743D 8 Wheel Horse 103916

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

gwest_ca
4 hours ago, TDF5G said:

She's a lookin' great there fellas!  A new seat and some front hubcaps will make her look perfect.

According to the Master Model List it's 1981.

01-08K802 1981 C Series Garden Tractor C-81 8-Speed Kohler K181S-30743D 8 Wheel Horse 103916

That list is wrong and not hard to tell where the info came from. Toro have it wrong also with incorrect year and C-81 model name.

Check the build dates that have been recorded so far for this model

Garry

• Like 2

ericjr16

Thank you all! I am thinking hard to KEEP HER! I love the older machines! Only thing I DON'T like is how hard it is to get on it without knocking shifter! Same issue with my Suburban though!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  They're the ONLY one's I keep.  

You'll find, there's an old saying around :rs:...

if it ain't :wh: red, leave it in the shed.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

ericjr16

LOL Craig, My father and I seem to be COLOR BLIND! LOL We own right now ;

1967 Sears Suburban SS10 with dirt plow and three point hitch with garden plow and deck

1970 Bolens 1256 with snow caster and deck.

2007 Yard-King ( Murray ) with three bin bagger.

'80's John Deere 180 with 46" deck AND 36" deck

1996 Craftsman tractor with single stage snow blower.

AND now a 1980 Wheel Horse C-85 ;)

Then there are the flippers, too many to list!!

AMC RULES

Now you know...    :bow-blue:

flip the rest, and keep the :wh: best. 

• Like 1

ericjr16

LOL Craig too funny! Think dad would be mad when he went to snow blow with nothing here, or plow !!

I do plan on looking for attachments for the Wheel Horse. BTW have a question on mower deck. Having some trouble locating the right manual for the 36" RD deck.

I will look, is there a model number on deck I missed?