Ohwheelhorse

Little help with my new horse

Ohwheelhorse

Just picked this one up last weekend. No model tag but I understand its common. SN# 31395 closest I can figure it's a 1963 33r . But would like to make sure. Has a 6 hp Tecumseh. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 5

Phatboy

Im sure one of our experts will be on to help shortly as i myself know less than nothing about the older horses,,, and slightly above nothing on the newer ones lol !!!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Nice little lawn ranger!

I see that your hood is splitting in the same spot as mine.  I'll have to bust out the welder one of these days and finally break down to doing sheet metal work.

IMG_2080_zpsmrvyefk0.jpg

Ohwheelhorse

Yes I know I cringed when I seen it when I bought it. But it seems to be common. My 66 lawn ranger someone had already did a little on it. I can weld pretty well I was not to scared of it. Be a good excuse to brush up on my tig skills. 

Pullstart

Yeah, I have limited access to tig, and I've done plenty of tool steel and stainless welding with the tig, but I just don't want to warp my old iron.  I suppose leaving it is no good either, eh?

Terry M

Nice little lawn Ranger you have!!  All the 62 Models I've seen start with a 62-XXXX..

So That would make yours a 63 model.   The 64 Models came with a different hood along with an engine mounted gas tank.

gwest_ca

Sure looks like a 1963 serial number but with electric start it would be a 33E. Recoil start is 33R

Garry

• Like 1

Tankman
7 hours ago, Ohwheelhorse said:

Yes I know I cringed when I seen it when I bought it. But it seems to be common. My 66 lawn ranger someone had already did a little on it. I can weld pretty well I was not to scared of it. Be a good excuse to brush up on my tig skills. 

TIG should do an excellent job! Save that Horse!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks in advance for helpin' that Stallion. He still has a lot of life left in him.

ol550

Nice Ranger.  Other than the hood cracks every thing else should buff out.