Digger 66

Got the blues ...

Digger 66

Howdy folks , just needed to dump somewhere .

Yesterday I quit my job as a moderator on 2 sites I've been on for 6+ years .

Due to my stubborn / pig-headed attitude , I just couldn't go back to being a regular member so I cut ties with them all together .

I can't tell you how bad this hurts .

Almost like I've lost "family" .

Thanks for reading this nonsense & hopefully you people won't mind me spending a little more time here in the future .

Good day all , Gene .

• Like 7

JPWH

Take a stroll out to the :wh: barn and think it over some and everything will look better.

• Like 4

JimD

I know how you feel Gene. First of all, being a moderator is a thankless job to say the least. And sometimes it can change a person too without them even realizing it. I've never been one nor would I want to be because I don't want to dedicate the time required to do it. I recently stepped away from here for about a month as a poster but I looked in everyday to keep up with the latest good posts. It is like family and it does hurt, especially when you have bigger more serious things to worry about. There are a couple members here I'd still like to get right with and understand better but it doesn't look like that's an option any more. Sometimes you just have to let go I guess. But I'm back and enjoying the site again. I just don't go where I'm not wanted and it's working out ok . So yea come on in and mosey around all ya want we'll be looking for ya. :)

• Like 7

Sparky

Give it time.....then you might feel differant and be able revisit the forums you left, but as a regular member.

I totally get the part about how being a Mod can be thankless most of the time (but not all the time) and I'll admit there have been times I wanted to just walk away from Red Square and call it quits.

Mike......

• Like 6

SylvanLakeWH
10 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Give it time.....then you might feel differant and be able revisit the forums you left, but as a regular member.

I totally get the part about how being a Mod can be thankless most of the time (but not all the time) and I'll admit there have been times I wanted to just walk away from Red Square and call it quits.

Mike......

Sparky - I appreciate the great job you and the other Mods do keeping the site good, clean, educational, entertaining and fun!

And thats some good advice from you and JimD to Digger66 and all of us...

• Like 4

857 horse

Mr Digger,                           ,,,I have been a member here foe several years....i am not very technical....when i talk....i give no useful information......

i have not rebuilt a transmission....,,,,However,,,,team spirit is a plus,,,i consider all here that i have talk to as Friends....those i havnt,,,will be

,These people offer training wheels on a bumpy road..they .let you express frustration,,,and generally  agree...with you....

We are all normal...no addictions..all pals.......one shoe, sock and tractor at a time.!!!!!

Come to the BIG SHOW,,,,in Pa.......bring a Mash Pole Sign,,,,,,and pull up a lawn chair....

Edited by 857 horse
bring a sign
  • Like 6

Digger 66

Thank you all for the kind words .

As I have nothing tractor related going on at the moment , I'm going to start a thread or two in here to let you see what I've been up to .

Though I may pull the seat off the :wh: in the coming weeks & have it re covered .

• Like 4

Reel Mower Freak

I wasn't aware that happened.That sucks.You will be missed. I just slipped in and checked after seeing this as you didn't mention the sites. I hoped it wasn't but sure enough no more moderator under your name. Can't blame you but would love to hear the story.You know where to reach me.

• Like 1

Pullstart

I just read a book called "Truck" by Michael Perry (amazing read, first book I think I've ever read cover to cover other than good night stories) and he talks about his brother in-law, how he always says just walk it off.  Drop your wrench in a bucket of oil?  walk it off.  bust your knuckles before you slipped the wrench and dropped it in the bucket?  walk it off.  simple, but great advise!  hopefully a walk will do you good.  nobody says how far or long I suppose. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1