Phatboy

Black wire under seat by hydro?

Phatboy

Ok first everything on tractor is working perfectly,, but under the seat by tranny dipstick there is a black wire bolted down its only about a foot long its a single wire not multi stranded, doesnt look like it was ever connected to anything,, and it still isnt connected to anything ,, any ideas as to where it goes ? Or is it a extra ground put in there by factory ? Or maybe could it have been for the vac bagger the P.O had on it ? Or does hydro need to be grounded ? ,,just the thoughts that have popped up in my head ,, any ideas ?

Edited by Phatboy

WNYPCRepair

Does your fuel gauge and tail lights work?

Phatboy

Yup every light every  gadge , everything , i mean everything works perfectly,, thats why i am puzzled if it is a spare ground wheel horse put there for accessorys or if it was for that vac bagger p.o. Had on there ,,, or does hydro unit need it ?does anyone else have that wire under seat down by tranny dip stick..i took this pic when i put rock shaft in for clevis hitch i have the wire singled out at the bottom of the pic against the side,, and it bolts down below by the dipstick..

image.jpeg

Edited by Phatboy

953 nut

All other wires on a :wh: are stranded so my guess would be it is not factory installed.

• Like 1

cleat

Yep, not a Wheel Horse item, I have rebuilt the wire harnesses on all of my 520's and no grounds at the rear.

Everything is grounded by the PTO safety switches.

• Like 1

Phatboy

Thanks cleat,, and 953 ,,ill just take it off , must have been for that power vac that p.o. Had on there ,, thanks for the info guys..

Edited by Phatboy

DougC

That wire is for the optional ejection seat ground Phatboy.  :lol:

• Like 1