can whlvr

back from holiday,wish i wasnt

can whlvr

,,so as some of you might have read earlier this month my wife and me went on holidays to Europe,well when we were gone where I live got the worst ice storm in several decades,the storm took down probally 500 large branches and thousands of small ones on my property.i had to chain saw my way into my drive when we got home from our trip from hell,we spent 18 hours on planes and then 3 hours to get home from airport and then I had to saw my way in,the last thing I wanted to do after being up for 2 days,the worst thing was we lost every thing in our our fridge and freezer,every thing,the power was out for 5 days,it also blew my dishwasher,my stove because it has stupid digital dashboaerd,my dehumidifier and one of our satellite receivers,what a disappointment,probally 4000.00 dollars damage,not sure about insurance,i had to clean out fridge and freezer,i took pics of bad stuff but I doubt they will pay,to top it off I didn't like my trip,the sights in Italy were good but EVERYTHING else sucked,the people were mostly rude,the food was horrible(and that's what I went for was some good Italian food)the crowds were insane and the litter and pollution was unbeilievable,there were some nice people at the hotels,and some of the cab drivers were nice but shop clerks,ticket agents,train conductors couldn't care or less if you were there or not,i think the average people are just beat down,there economy is terrible,and they cant get ahead no matter what,we talked to many locals and they simply hate their lives,we saw so many old people homeless and begging it was shocking,i did like the old buildings and sights but it doesn't make up for it,when in venice its so nice but then you cant go near the water because of raw sewage,the smell  was every where,because theres canals everywhere and so many people that you cant get away from it,we were in a very nice hotel and I couldn't open the window,i even saw the gondola operaters just throw their litter right in the water,i geuss I'm spoiled living in one of the best countrys in the world,all the food was the same.i spoke to a lot of people,mostly americans and they all said the same thing as ive just told you guys,well at least I got to go away,but for what we spent I could have bought a lot of wheelhorses

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Sorry to hear it. Hope the insurance company helps out

• Like 2

oldredrider

Sorry to read about your trip and bad luck getting back. 

For you next vacation, come south of the border to the good old USA. We're damn proud of what we have and happy to show it. 

You're more than welcome here anytime and I'm betting it will make up for your trip to Italy. Plus we have some GREAT Italian restaurants here.:D

AMC RULES

Repeat this three times...    :handgestures-thumbsup:

there's no place like your :wh: home.    

Sorry to hear, and welcome back. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Sorry you had such a bad experience.   Hopefully some day you can look back and laugh about it.

Edited by Ed Kennell

can whlvr

I did have some fun,and the sights were great to see,it just wasn't what I expected,and I have been to the states many times,probally a hundred,im only 2 hours from the border so we used to go often,and I have friends in ohio and florida,and yes the people in the states were allways great,you guys seem to like Canadians for some reason,and the food is great too,the best ribs and prime rib ive ever had were in ohio,and we have some pretty damn good beef up here too,WAY better than what I had on vacate,our flight got turned around due to an older lady getting sick,this added a lot of time in the plane and that didn't help

• Like 2

muz123

Sorry to hear. Happy your back. Maybe you can have some seat time to get it off of your mind! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

sorry to hear, i've never been to italy, but what i see of it on tv and all, it looks way to busy anyway. next time you come over stop by, i'll make sure i'm being nice:flags-netherlands:

• Like 5

squonk

Some times we forget how good we have it around here. Too much complaining and not enough doing. I'm in Buffalo a clot and run into Canadians often at Sabres games. Great people to have around! and I never had a bad trip to Canada either! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

I WANNA GO TO CANADA!!!

Closest I've ever been here...   :greetings-wavingyellow:

2015-05-28_17-21-26_110.jpg

• Like 4

can whlvr

ya ive been to buffalo a lot,and Niagara falls even more,used to go to erie pennsalvania a lot too,but with the events of 911 its not so easy to get across any more so we don't try,but I miss going to America,especially the food there,its similar to ours but different enough to make it interesting heres a few pics of damage,i have acres more like this,lots of seat time

{option}http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/canwhlvr/20160330_164701.jpg[/IMG]

{option}http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/canwhlvr/20160330_164640.jpg[/IMG]

{option}http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/canwhlvr/20160330_164632.jpg[/IMG]

20160330_164658.jpg

Edited by can whlvr
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Yeah, sorry you came home to a mess Don.  BTW,   I have had occasion to spend time in you country several times. 

Way back in the early '60s I hunted bear and fished for Pike  North of Manawalki, Quebec,

Then in the '70s worked one winter at the Chaudière hydro power plant in Hull, Quebec in some  -20F temps. for Voith  Hydro Inc.

And recently my Son Mark, Director of VH field service, spends a lot of time at our generator division in Mississauga.

I have spent a lot of time working in France, Wales, Germany, Austria, Slovania, and Switzerland,

and all of the people,( except in one country that I won't name) were very gracious and friendly. 

I have never been to Italy, But the time I spent across the Alpine border  in Switzerland, I was warned to be very careful if I crossed the border into Italy.