bmsgaffer

Been Missing you Guys!

Save Old Iron

That's the inherent beauty here - nothing really changes.

Same issues, just new people.

You didn't miss a thing.

Glad things are coming together for you. As a field applications engineer, I sometimes miss the 1000 -1500 miles a week travel - sometimes !!

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 6

JPWH

Good to hear things are working out for you. Life sure has a way of changing our plans and routine. I had a commute change about 8 years ago. Went from 9 miles one way to 53 one way. Takes a while but things seem to level back out.

Good to see you back here.

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

welcome back:)

subaru looks nice, big fan of them:lol:

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Good to hear from you, and glad you weren't without income for an extended amount of time.!

The back of the Subrau will surely hold a tractor.:ychain:

• Like 4

squonk
8 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

:banana-wrench::wwp: :banana-linedance:

• Like 2

rmaynard

Love the Subaru Brandon. My wife's 2002 Outback is still going strong, and she wouldn't part with it for anything. Any chance you will be driving yours out to the big WHCC show in June?

• Like 1

Aldon

Good to hear from you and that you landed like the proverbial cat on your feet.

Books on CD or Smart Phone App is the way to make that commute time more productive. Libraries often loan CD/DVD books on tape....

Living on east coast and having lived in DC Metro area as well, I have spent way too much of my life commuting. Although in my role, stress is often overwhelming so it is likely that the family was better off as I wound down before I hit the door step.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Welcome back Brandon.     :thumbs2:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Brandon - Glad you are back and glad you have a New Saddle !

• Like 1

JimD

Welcome home!

• Like 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Any chance you will be driving yours out to the big WHCC show in June?

Thats the one thing that sucks about starting a new job....building up vacation time! :beer:

• Like 1

bds1984

Welcome back!  I made the opposite move in September.  I went from driving to work, round trip of over 100 miles a day to four.  What a world of a difference and I completely feel for you on the drive!  I parked my horse hauler, 2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport, and bought a 2011 Fiesta hatchback for commuter duty that has been beaten up driving on I94 from Kalamazoo to Benton Harbor.  From what I saved in gas every month made my car payment!  I put a hitch on the Fiesta to pull my 5x8 trailer around if I found an attachment or something similar in weight that was local.  Good luck!

• Like 2

bmsgaffer
On 3/24/2016 at 7:00 AM, rmaynard said:

Love the Subaru Brandon. My wife's 2002 Outback is still going strong, and she wouldn't part with it for anything. Any chance you will be driving yours out to the big WHCC show in June?

Thanks Bob! There are very few people out there that will say bad things about a Subaru (especially if they owned one) and thats one of the reasons I went with it. Very  smooth, i havea been more and more pleased witn it the more I drive it. I was able to test out the all wheel drive a little too and man is that fantastic! It felt really hooked up even with crummy factory all-seasons. 

I will probably not make the show this year. Between the job and having kids still too little for that drive, it would be a stretch.  :sad:

On 3/25/2016 at 9:25 PM, bds1984 said:

Welcome back!  I made the opposite move in September.  I went from driving to work, round trip of over 100 miles a day to four.  What a world of a difference and I completely feel for you on the drive!  I parked my horse hauler, 2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport, and bought a 2011 Fiesta hatchback for commuter duty that has been beaten up driving on I94 from Kalamazoo to Benton Harbor.  From what I saved in gas every month made my car payment!  I put a hitch on the Fiesta to pull my 5x8 trailer around if I found an attachment or something similar in weight that was local.  Good luck!

Thanks! Yep I am saving the car payment in gas each month too. And its a lot more relaxing to drive on the two lane country roads I am taking.

On 3/24/2016 at 5:07 AM, KC9KAS said:

Good to hear from you, and glad you weren't without income for an extended amount of time.!

Haha, ther will probably be a disassembled one back there a time or two!

I am getting a hidden 2" receiver for it and I will be looking for a modestly sized aluminum trailer. Subaru says it can tow 2700lbs, and I plan on using it!