NinerHB

Michigan sort-of-Toro owner

NinerHB

Hi all, hopefully I'm OK here.  My current tractor is a New Holland GT-22, which was actually built by Toro - it's the same as a 522xi, except for some minor sheet metal differences.  

Back when I was (somewhere around) 10, I helped my mom pick out a Toro 314-H for my dad, and since mowing was usually my chore, I ended up using it a lot.  My dad's turned into quite the collector, and he's helped me keep a tractor in my garage when I needed one.  I first picked up a GT-22 back in '07, when I moved onto a small farm.  That burned up in a fire, and at that point I replaced it with a SCUT.  I also found an old Electro 12 (I think) that I originally picked up for my dad, but decided to keep - it was better for fine mowing than the rear-PTO mower on the SCUT.  Then back in '11 I moved onto a little city lot where even the Electro 12 was oversized.  This spring my wife finally got tired of not having horses, so we moved back onto a few acres in July.  I managed to find another GT-22, this one with the 2-stage snowblower, for a ridiculous price on Craigslist.  The sheet metal was in poor cosmetic shape, but not actually rotting out.  I have over 400' of driveway, so the blower was a must-have.  I still have a compact tractor - this time an ancient Ford tractor - but right now all it does is moving hay bales.  The GT-22 gets the majority of the work, so my wife was miffed when I tore down all the sheet metal to get it painted once it was clear the snow was mostly past.

20150515_074310.jpg

• Like 5

WNYPCRepair

Yours is actually in better shape than mine, I think

DougC

You sure can see the :wh: in the lines of that tractor! Nice paint job as well.   :handgestures-thumbupright:   

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome , I think if the Gt 22 is the same as a 522xi paint it :wh: red and put the correct decals on it.:ROTF:

• Like 2

Phatboy

New Holland is making Wheel horse tractors and just rebanding them NH ?

NinerHB

Since I had to repaint all the blue anyways, I thought about going red, but the front grille would give me away.  On the Toro units, it's a bar-style grill - the New Holland variant had a mesh grill similar to the panels under the steering column.

KC9KAS

SylvanLakeWH

Good to see another Michigander (even if its the wrong color...).:)

:text-welcomeconfetti:

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, Phatboy said:

New Holland is making Wheel horse tractors and just rebanding them NH ?

Toro made them for NH

Sparky

:WRS:

Mike....

Terry M

Welcome to :rs: