Sign in to follow this  
64s

Hand Brake a 312-8

64s

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of or has done a brake conversion to a classic style tractor (312-8). I'm having some knee surgery in a couple of weeks and I won't be able to apply the brake with my foot. I would need to attach a hand control but I also don't want to do any irreversable damage to the tractor. Anyone got any ideas or am I SOL. Thanks!!!!!!

P.S. Don't tell my wife - she thinks I'm going to be good and lie on my as* for three months.

:hide:

Rollerman

64s I know of a few tractors that have had a hand lever put on to help the owners out.

This is the only pic I have right now...but may be of some help.

It's basically a lever much like the lift lever angled backwards toward the driver.

It's attached to the clutch/brake pedal with a few bolts.....these are pretty plentifull as long as your tractor is a 63 or later.

Your 312 can be converted to a single pedal with brake/clutch function like the earlier ones too.

3ab9.jpg

T-Mo

Hmm, sounds like a case for another tractor. If you had a hydro tractor, you wouldn't need the brake (nor a clutch) pedal. You just used the motion control lever. Sounds like a good excuse to the wife to add another horse to the herd. :hide:

TJ

Was that the finger or a finger in the picture. :hide:

Docwheelhorse

Hmmmmmmm---imagine this, take a mule drive and snap it into the front tach-a-matic. Then put a cable/rope around or thru (drill a small hole) the brake pedal. Run the cable down and thru the mule drive pulley and come back towards the seat. Put a snow blower (large style) pull start handle on it and when you need brakes give the handle a good tug. I don't know if you will have enough leverage to have "good" brakes, but it will get the brakes working without any major life altering mods to the tractor. Or maybe everybody will think this is a :imstupid: idea.....

Just my thoughts.....

Feel Free to :hide: at me

Tony :D

64s

Thanks to everyone who came up with suggestions. I was over engineering something in my head :hide: and overlooked a simple way to do it. Now I just have to pray that any and all snow falls while the wife is out and I can get down to some real therapy. :hide: Thanks All!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:omg: