Leonard F.

Lawn Ranger

petes

:banana-wrench::USA::WRS:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Leonard  I used a Dremel with the cutoff wheel to  cut the steering shaft collar on another model I was working on .    You should have enough room to do  this.    

Easier than spraying WD -40,  PB Blaster or using a hammer !     A new collar is $1.50  and you should use a new one anyway !

I love my   1967 Lawn Ranger!

Welcome to Red Square !

918.JPG

920.JPG

315.JPG

643.JPG

• Like 4

Leonard F.
On 3/12/2016 at 1:32 PM, Lane Ranger said:

Thanks Lane... I believe I will try that.

Also, if you have any original seats lying around that you might sell, let me know.  I think that is all that I'm missing.  Except the 6-3111 plow which I will start looking for.

Leonard  I used a Dremel with the cutoff wheel to  cut the steering shaft collar on another model I was working on .    You should have enough room to do  this.    

Easier than spraying WD -40,  PB Blaster or using a hammer !     A new collar is $1.50  and you should use a new one anyway !

I love my   1967 Lawn Ranger!

Welcome to Red Square !

918.JPG

920.JPG

315.JPG

643.JPG

On 3/12/2016 at 1:32 PM, Lane Ranger said:

Thanks Lane... I believe I will try that.

Also, if you have any original seats lying around, let me know.  I think that is all that I'm missing.  Except the 6-3111 plow which I will start looking for.

Edited by Leonard F.

Lane Ranger

Leonard:   Brian    Buckrancher is the guy to see about seat covers for the Lawn Ranger.    There is a metal seat pan these fit over with foam underneath.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/profile/591-buckrancher/

• Like 1

Terry M
6 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Leonard:   Brian    Buckrancher is the guy to see about seat covers for the Lawn Ranger.    There is a metal seat pan these fit over with foam underneath.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/profile/591-buckrancher/

Good to have another source for lawn ranger  seat covers...Thanks lane:)

• Like 1

Copper116

I picked up what I believe to be a 1965 Ranger L165.  I put on a new carburetor, spark plug, fuel line with filter, and cleaned the tank.  I With no battery, I tried the starter with cables hooked up.  It spins but doesn't spiral outward to engage the flywheel.  It just spins... So after trying a used on from Ebay, it too just spins.  (my luck).    I tried pull starting it but no life there either.  I'll probably have to check into the electrical system, starting with spark.  ( I know, I know )   Sooner or later, she'll be pumping blood once again.  

Handy Don
6 hours ago, Copper116 said:

I picked up what I believe to be a 1965 Ranger L165.  I put on a new carburetor, spark plug, fuel line with filter, and cleaned the tank.  I With no battery, I tried the starter with cables hooked up.  It spins but doesn't spiral outward to engage the flywheel.  It just spins... So after trying a used on from Ebay, it too just spins.  (my luck).    I tried pull starting it but no life there either.  I'll probably have to check into the electrical system, starting with spark.  ( I know, I know )   Sooner or later, she'll be pumping blood once again.  

The gear on the starter motor must: a) move freely on the motor shaft to spiral outward to engage the flywheel, and b) have a spring to force it back into position. A likely problem is that the gear is frozen to the shaft. (Of course the LIKELIEST problem, given that you are seeing the problem on two separate starters, is that you've got the battery hooked up backward).