ztnoo

A Data File Or List of Parts Interchangeability Among Tractor Models?

ztnoo

Is there a data file or list somewhere, either here at RS or out there in cyberspace, which shows common parts interchangeability and cross references between Wheel Horse models?

Edited by ztnoo

ztnoo

Well, that is a very interesting and informative list, but it appears to relate more to implements and optional accessories.

What I'm asking about is basic parts........for instance hubs, axles, steering linkages, wheels, etc,............i.e. more basic parts that may have been utilized on many different models.

Any one know of the existence of any cross-reference info such as that?

stevasaurus

You are going to have to search, but I think I have seen a Web Site Link that allows you to put in a part number and you get a list of horses that use it.   :)

I want to say @gwest_ca or @CasualObserver  put the site up.  Try the Reference Section...lots of stuff in Links and Misc.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

can whlvr

there could be but it would need all models and all their parts,im not computer savy to know how this would work,i just look at both models and go from there,if I need a spindle from a c120 to see if it will fit a 312 I look at parts tree or toro,but some part numbers change but the part still works,and the other way around

• Like 3

gwest_ca

There was a site that worked as well as could be with what it had to work with but it is gone. When you searched for a part number every parts list that contained that number would come up as the tractor or attachment model number and year. The problem was as you are likely aware of is the the parts lists are shared by similar models so many results were not accurate. This is still done at Partstree to a degree

https://www.partstree.com/parts/

Enter the part number 115425 for a left front spindle for a 1977 C-120. It will come up for Lawn Boy, Toro and Toro Commercial. Below the Toro click on More Details. Two 1990 export models come up as using the same part. Had you gone to the 1977 C-120 parts list and looked for the spindle it shows the the original 105968 was replaced by 115425. So the original part number history has been lost. All we learned was the part number changed during the 1990 model year.

Some numbers produce a good list but learned from experience that it is still severely limited.

Garry

• Like 2

MalMac

Just to give you a base on which to start. If you go through the design changes and stay within that design, those parts will almost always interchange. Example- 60's short frame square hoods you had a few years there with several different models but all basically the same tractor. Like said this is just a good starting base. There is always exceptions to the rule because Wheel Horse would use what was on the shelf to complete a run of a certain model. You can use this as a starting point when researching and aquiring parts. Also right here on Red Square is a wealth of knowledge to ask for and get help. We were once a dealer and I can tell you there is way more info here from Red Square and its members than the factory ever supplied to its dealers.

• Like 2

rmaynard

Every online Toro parts dealer has a part look-up. Let's say you are looking for a steering wheel for a 1977 B-100. Log on to ProPartsDirect for example, and enter 71-10K801 in the model, and "steering wheel" in the part. Your will then be shown the part number for that steering wheel. Then clear the model number and just enter that part number in the appropriate box. Hit search and a new drop down box will display all models that the 102624 steering wheel was found on.

This doesn't work on a lot of the older models, but at least it's a starting place for me.

• Like 2