spark949

Robin sighting

spark949

I actually saw a robin fly across the road (Simsbury Ct) over the weekend.Real early for them I thought. He must have been lost.  Anyone else see one up here in New England? I know Im not crazy. 

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

We have some robins that stay the winter here.  When the red wing black birds and turkey  buzzards arrive' we know it is over. But you are further north than I.

roadapples

Here in Pa. some robins, like some Canada geese, don`t go south any more...

• Like 1

Aldon

Saw a couple here in Albany NY area a few days ago. I recall mentioning to my peer at work that I hoped it was a harbinger of warm weather soon. 

• Like 1

squonk

We have a tree in the courtyard at work that has a robin living in it year round for the past 12 yrs that I have been there. i'm sure it's not the same bird but there is always one in it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

How do you know .....it is not the same bird???  They all look alike.  :ROTF:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Have noticed they've been here all winter this year too.  :confusion-shrug:

robins.jpg?12a9ad

• Like 2

tractorhogg

The robin, jays, ducks, sparrows, geese, etc never leave here, of course we didn't have 6 days that were under 32 during the day all winter

• Like 1

KC9KAS

The Easter Lilly's on the neighbors bank are always the 1st in the area to bloom and last weekend, several were up and starting to open.....They will get their little nubbins frosted tonight! 

• Like 1

6wheeler

I had 4 Robins here last week. They don't generally stay here. At least I have never seen it. These poor guys were probably thinking, "Why did we follow this clown". It has been warm here so I am pretty sure they went to hang at TERRYM's house once they figured niether shynon nor I were gonna feed em'.    Spring is coming though. I saw my first raccoon taking a dirt nap on the side of the road yesterday.

• Like 2

WHX??

It's been said the Robins will stay north year round if there is food. Not here .....still been colder than a witches tat in a brass  bra! Cards are singing a bit tho so that's a good sign...

Retired Sparky
20 hours ago, spark949 said:

I actually saw a robin fly across the road (Simsbury Ct) over the weekend.Real early for them I thought. He must have been lost.  Anyone else see one up here in New England? I know Im not crazy. 

My wife said she saw one a couple of days a go.  We're on the same parallel as you.  Hopefully spring can't be far away.  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Buzz

We were in Lancaster County PA last week and passed a house with at least 20 Robins in the front yard. They don't migrate, they winter in the thickets eating berries and such. A fairly warm sunny day brings them out in the open.

• Like 2

JC 1965

I have seen Robins all winter long ( on sunny days mostly ) for the last several winters. Guess the crazy weather has them confused also.   :confusion-confused:

spark949

Ive never seen them around here in the winter, and Ive been around a while now. To me, It's a sign that spring is coming. I did see anoyther one yesterday in Redding so I'm hoping it'll get warmer in the next week or two.