Phatboy

Is this a good deal on a brinly plow im looking to buy it

Phatboy

What do you guys think good deal

image.jpeg

Edited by Phatboy
  • Like 1

chorusguy

Looks good to me.  Make sure you can adjust it.  I paid about 125 for mine and it is a no name.  Mine does have the cutting disk on it though.  I haven't seen any in my area for as low as 100.

• Like 1

squonk

Price is the going rate with out the wheel.

scotty

Yeah i paid 125 with a wheel for a wheel horse one id say its fair

c-series don

I believe that is called the coulter wheel that is missing? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

chorusguy

Correct.cuts grass roots etc.  I think some wheelhorse plows, maybe all, don't have that feature

pfrederi

If you plan on plowing sod you will want a coulter.  if you are plowing previously plowed areas (existing garden for example) you can do with out it.

"D"- Man

Certainly looks like a good deal from the pic, as has already been mentioned  the Coulter wheel is missing; however, you may want to inquire if it is included.  I received a 10" Brinly plow free, with the purchase of a Wheel Horse tractor, the Coulter disc was included, but not attached due to a missing "U" bolt.  If the Coulter disc, Coulter standard, "U" bolt, disc hubs and ect. are not included you can still order anything you need from Brinly.  Here are pics of  my 10" with the disc attached.

AFTER PLOW.jpg

post-3038-0-49041400-1393646373_thumb.jpg

post-3038-0-74711400-1393646350_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@Phatboy That is a good price for a plow that appears to be in very nice condition.

Tankman

Price and condition both are within reason.

Phatboy

Guys one of our members came to me with a good deal on a brinly plow so i would rather support a member so i bought his brinly,, i have the phone number of the guy that has this plow ,so if any one of you want it pm me i will give you the number.. As i am not allowed to post things for sale that i am not going to biy or that are not mne so pm me for number,, and the brinly i bought has the coulter wheel on it ..

Edited by Phatboy
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

Great shape.  You'd be hard pressed to do much better around here!  I'm no expert but I'm not sure you'd need the coulter unless you were breaking new sod.  I have the same plow with coulter but I've never used it...