carlosking450

Gearbox Wheel Horse 702

carlosking450
Hello friends I hope my translation is good , I have a doubt in the gearbox of my Wheel Horse 702, brake pulley is integral with the belt pulley or independent?
I say that fails to stop the clutch pulley to think that the previous owner a smaller amount strap and fails to slacken enough and never for pulley transmission speeds so scratch

Coadster32

If I am understanding you right...when the clutch pedal is pressed, the drive belt doesn't disengage.

There is a threaded rod adjuster near the brake drum. This is the adjuster for the drive belt to slacken enough to stop spinning the input gear/pully. It works seperatly from the actual brake strap. If you remove the side cover by the brake drum, you should see it.  Hope this helps.

carlosking450
Thank you very much friend I think in addition to the adjustment strap is smaller and not slackened enough

953 nut

If you don't have a belt guard that can be a part of the problem, the guard stops the belt when the clutch is pushed down.

carlosking450
Hey if I have to remove protective but also see the movement of the belt, but did not think he had that protective function as well, and lay it accords again
Thank you all even with the language , you are helping me a lot

Edited by carlosking450

stevasaurus

Carlos, it is a little hard to see what you are trying to say, but hang in there with us, we will figure it out and we will all learn something.  :)

1st, the belt guard (protective) has to be on the tractor for the clutch to work.  The belt guard is your clutch.  It funnels the slack in the belt toward the engine pulley when you step on the clutch pedal...this lets the belt slip on the engine pulley so you can shift the transmission without grinding gears.

2nd, the belt is a 70" X 1/2" belt.  I originally had 72" but that is not right.  I am sorry.    edited to say 70" x 12" for belt size.

3rd, the break "drum" is integral with the input shaft (belt pulley)...only when you are in gear...not when you are in neutral.  When you are in neutral, stepping on the brake will stop the mushroom gear from turning...which stops the differential and axles from turning.  If you are in gear, and the belt still keeps moving...it is likely that your brake drum is turning still and the brake pad is not doing anything. 

Does this make any since??  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
fix belt size

carlosking450
The problem is that I checked the clutch without the cover of the belt pulleys work like madness me explain you, thanks

formariz
21 hours ago, carlosking450 said:

Hey if I have to remove protective but also see the movement of the belt, but did not think he had that protective function as well, and lay it accords again

I think you are doing very well explaining your questions with the translations, however if you ever feel you are not getting something across, feel free to PM me or even just post it in Spanish. I will help you with the translation. We are neighbors and will understand each other.

• Like 5

carlosking450

Thanks formariz

Lane Ranger

Post some pictures if you can also Carlos.   A picture is worth a thousand words in Spanish and English !   It will help others  identify your problem!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Formariz  (Cas) is excellent people.  When I saw that he got into this thread...outstanding.  :)  Just don't leave us out of the conversation...please.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

formariz
20 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Formariz  (Cas) is excellent people.  When I saw that he got into this thread...outstanding.  :)  Just don't leave us out of the conversation...please.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I really appreciate the kind words. I definitely would not keep the conversation private since it is for everyone's benefit hence the purpose of this great place.  My invitation to a PM was simply to avoid posting in another language which some may object to. It would be like holding a conversation in a different language where other participants would not understand it . I personally find that extremely rude and inappropriate. My intention is to then post entire conversation translated.

Trying to help him as much as possible and reduce any frustrations to him since i have been in the same position in the very far past. It is just awesome to see these tractors come up all over and captivating people of totally different cultures. To my surprise in another of my other posts someone from Russia replied to it.

• Like 3

carlosking450
The fact that here in Spain and seen 3 on sale and disappear very quickly mine is in Toledo ( Spain )
  • Like 2

formariz
5 hours ago, carlosking450 said:

The fact that here in Spain and seen 3 on sale and disappear very quickly mine is in Toledo ( Spain )

It would be interesting to know the story behind them and how they got there. I know that RJs were exported there but is there evidence of that in later years?

• Like 1